ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen dependent child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

donluis0105
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen dependent child

Post by donluis0105 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi I am a naturalised Irish Citizen and would like to work in UK as an option to get my non EU daughter and wife.

currently I have work in Ireland part time and is looking for better job.

Can I apply now visa for them from non EU country (where they currently reside) and go together to UK and me and her look for job, is that possible?

thanks for any replies

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 pm

As an Irish citizen you have the right to live and work in the UK. Your non-EEA family members should apply at the British Mission for EEA Family Permits. The application should be made wherever they are currently living, which is where?

How old is the daughter?
John

donluis0105
Newly Registered

Post by donluis0105 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:53 pm

First of all thanks for the reply.

She is 14 years old and from Philippines.
we have 3 children altogether aged 14, 13 and 8. I only want to get wife and my daughter at the moment no money for plane ticket.

I was fulltime worker before but unfortunately because of the recession my hours were cut. luckily I got my citizenship recently and would like to get my kids. In Ireland there is a cap on weekly wages for work permit workers to get their children. But now im Irish national I want to get them all and we could be together as family and find a fulltime job in UK or stay in Ireland if we could find a job here.

But UK seems to be family friendly than Irish Immigration, I wish they would change soon as all my friends are here and would love to stay.

My wife would like to help me if she could find a job even as a cleaner.

How long does it take for them to get the papers to go to UK? Do I have to return to Philippines or accompany them?

thanks John