ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Applying for Tier 2

Post by Samelamin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 am

Hello everyone I have just received my Tier 1 PSW work permit, Its due to expire on July 2012.

Now I have a job offer as a web developer, Now if i continue working with them till 2012 can i still be classified as a graduate developer even though I have been working for more than 6 months? or do I have to be classified as a programmer and be earning £26,000?

Also since my company has never sponsored anyone will they have to do a labour test even if im working for them for more than 6 months because according to the HO website I dont.

So my employers need to apply for a Sponsors license first or can they apply for a single COS first?

Finally do i have to wait all the way till July to apply or can I do it anytime after I have been working with them for 6 months?

All your help is much appreciated

mirzaashraf
Newly Registered

Re: UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) visas

Post by mirzaashraf » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you are in now.

All you have to do is to tell your company to obtain the license then

check your points using table on the following link (10)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

1) as you are switching from PSW to Tier 2 (30 points). You dont need any Labour Test
2) Qualifications points (check yours)
3) Prospective earnings (How much you are earning now)

You should score 50 points in total. So don't waste your time and ask your employer to apply for license and before applying for CoS(Certificate of Sponsorship) its better to speak with Home Office and tell them Whole Situation as your case is straight forward.

If need more help then please let me know

Best Wishes
Mirza Ashraf

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:33 pm

so what your saying is I should phone the home office first

Then ask my employers to apply for a COS because at the moment they are not on the registry

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Obtaining a sponsor licence wrote:You must have a licence before you can sponsor skilled or temporary workers under the points-based system. To get a licence, you must apply online and send us your payment and supporting documents.

regards