ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Passport Back While the PSW App in Progress

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bbreddy

Getting Passport Back While the PSW App in Progress

Post by bbreddy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi All

I am in a bit weird situation now. I applied for PSW Visa on 29th Sep (Wed) and it reached them on the 30th (Thu). I received offical confirmation letter from them three days ago and is dated 30th on the letter.

So far my payment is not deducted yet (paying using Barclays debit card). The trends mentioned in the other thread on 'processing times' suggests that if it is card payment the payment it is normally deducted in 1-3 days from the day of receipt. But it has already been one week in my case.

I am not sure of the reason. Do they prioritize based on the date of expiry of current visa? I have my visa valid until the end of this year.

Also, what if I have to get my passport back (say for personal reasons) to my home country.

Please advise how you would proceed in this case. Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:55 am

You must withdraw your application if you need your passport back.

regards