ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I add earning of student visa status to get HSMP.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pokerface1920
Newly Registered

Can I add earning of student visa status to get HSMP.

Post by pokerface1920 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

I have finished my MSc in last year Nov but I switched to PSW in April 2010. I was allowed to work full time after October 2009. My question is:

Can I add income of Nov 2009 - March 2010 in my HSMP income to meet the hsmp requirements. or simply can I start my case from nov 2009.

Thansks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 am

HSMP scheme closed in 2008.

As for Tier 1 (General), as long as you were not in breach of immigration rules by working more than you were allowed to, you should be okay with starting your earnings claim period from Nov. 2009.

See also Can you work while you are a Tier 4 (General) student?

regards

blackthunder
Newly Registered

Post by blackthunder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 am

u will be in trouble....coz once u finish ur studies u can continue in student status for 3 months or leave the country ..but u are nearly 5 months on student visa ..

nksg

Re: Can I add earning of student visa status to get HSMP.

Post by nksg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Bit confused as a student on student visa (T4) how were you allowed to work full time from Nov 2009? as far as i know students can only work FT during holidays.. still 5 months?
pokerface1920 wrote:I have finished my MSc in last year Nov but I switched to PSW in April 2010. I was allowed to work full time after October 2009. My question is:

Can I add income of Nov 2009 - March 2010 in my HSMP income to meet the hsmp requirements. or simply can I start my case from nov 2009.

Thansks in advance.

pokerface1920
Newly Registered

Post by pokerface1920 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, The course finished in 1-Nov-2009. University student always get four months extra visa. I have checked with British council and international adviser in university. Can you provide any reference for this period.

Thanks

[quote="blackthunder"]u will be in trouble....coz once u finish ur studies u can continue in student status for 3 months or leave the country ..but u are nearly 5 months on student visa ..[/quote]

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am

Have you checked with UKBA?

I know some one who was deported as he was working full time 3 months after completion of degree... but that was in 2007.. Unless there is any change in the laws for students (T4) recently i believe you are in breach. Just make sure you are careful on that matter.
pokerface1920 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Sorry, The course finished in 1-Nov-2009. University student always get four months extra visa. I have checked with British council and international adviser in university. Can you provide any reference for this period.

Thanks

blackthunder wrote:u will be in trouble....coz once u finish ur studies u can continue in student status for 3 months or leave the country ..but u are nearly 5 months on student visa ..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

pokerface1920 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Sorry, The course finished in 1-Nov-2009. University student always get four months extra visa. I have checked with British council and international adviser in university. Can you provide any reference for this period.
The reference has been provided to you but you have not made an effort to read it.

From the link I provided in my earlier response:
You can work full-time during vacation periods, within the above limits. If you have completed your course and you make an application to remain in the UK under the points-based system before your existing permission to stay expires, you can work full-time (within the above limits) until your application is decided.

regards