ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Employer Sponsorship Visit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johan1976
Newly Registered

UKBA Employer Sponsorship Visit

Post by johan1976 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 pm

We are small company and currently have 3 work permit holders issued in 2007. We applied for Sponsorship License and and it was granted. We haven't used it as to date, so we haven't sponsored anyone. Now we have a UKBA visit. Will all the recordkeeping requirements cover the 3 work permit holders? Back then there weren't any of those rules, we currently just keep employment contracts, addresses and visas in file.

Any opnions?

Thanks

gattha
Newly Registered

Post by gattha » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Johan,

Before i reply, wait for some senior member to confirm this.

I am in same situation. I am on work permit since jan 2008 and our company got coS in January this year.

Now HO is coming for an audit next month. I asked our immigration agent if we need to keep my file with all details (like p60, pay slips for past 3 months, etc) and he said yes it would be needed, even though i am on old wrok permit.

Have you recived any email from HO? This should tell you more details like work permit holders, etc

johan1976
Newly Registered

Post by johan1976 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes, not sure. I can understand if we sponsored someone under the new rules and keep his file up to date but not the previous people. Where we going to get evidence of their recruitment procedure. It was filed with the HO when we applied for their work permit 3 years ago.

johan1976
Newly Registered

Post by johan1976 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 am

Any ideas? Looks like a grey area, reading the supporting documents guidance on UKBA website they refer to sponsored migrants i.e migrants sponsored under the Tier 2 system.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 pm

They will be looking for the same sort of thing - you have to fulfill the duties of the sponsor even if they were employed before the PBS came into effect. You should have a recent copy of their passport and status page (visa) plus contract, home address, phone number etc.

gattha
Newly Registered

Post by gattha » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:28 pm

HI Johan,

Has home office officers visited you company? If not then they will be visiting us in first week of Nov (5th Nov). So i will be hopefully able to provide you moe details on it.

Regards

G

gattha
Newly Registered

Post by gattha » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Johan,

I am not sure if audit ahs been conducted at your place.

If not then please check the following link i have posed on thread, might help you:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 065#427065

G