ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it OK if i reach UK after 3 months of getting EC ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aqilzeeshan

Is it OK if i reach UK after 3 months of getting EC ?

Post by aqilzeeshan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:01 am

EC was granted to me on 2nd Jan 06 .My current employer in riyadh/ksa want me to join their UK office on 2K GBP per month on a 3 month contract but from 1st April. I am also willing to go for it coz in this option i dont have to worry about searching first job in UK while i am outside UK,during 3 months i will have enough chance to find job and i will have UK exp so that will help me also in getting the next job.

Will it be a problem if i reach UK after 3 months of getting EC ?

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:59 am

my suggestion is...get your passport stamped by making first visit to UK on HSMP and then go back in April stay there for 3 months and then come back but make sure you can stay outside UK for only 6 months in 4 years to get ILR. therefore you will be left with 3 months for the remaining period

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Will it be a problem if i reach UK after 3 months of getting EC ?
No it should not a problem. A lot of people find it diffcult to pack bags and leave pronto after EC because there are other things to conclude like the notice period of a job for example. Just make sure that there is no further delay or you may risk problems with your FLR in Dec 2006. The only other consequence as Rex mentioned is your ILR at the end of 4 years (as the rules currently stand). Since you are coming a few months later than expected, you will not have spent enough time in the UK even with your 3 year HSMP extention. You will end up apply for another FLR extension to cover your 4 year stay in the country.