ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa from middle east

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramzy227
Newly Registered

schengen visa from middle east

Post by ramzy227 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:14 pm

greeting to everyone,

I would like to enquire about applying for shcengen visa, i live in dubai and i been working since 8 years,i am from yemen,and i would like to know which EU country is easier to apply for getting the schengen visa i heard its greece,would like to hear a second opinion,also i would like to know if there is a fingerprints or eye scan taken as requirment for getting the schengen visa.

regards.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 pm

I suggest that you first read up on the rules as you do not have a free choice.

ramzy227
Newly Registered

Post by ramzy227 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:20 pm

read the rules........didnt find answer to my question,besides i wish from everyone who wants to assist to give a clear answer instead trying to give lectures.....my enquires were plain love to see a plain answer as well.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Sure. Asking for free service but complaining if the answer is not liked.

ramzy227
Newly Registered

Post by ramzy227 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:51 pm

free...!!!!..........why dont u get a real job....instead of trying to make a living out of common facts and free publications....what a cheap barata eater...!!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Yep. That's the right attitude.

MelC

Post by MelC » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56 pm

none of the schengen visa's are easy, you have to state your motivation for applying to all the schengen states, fulfil the criteria, and maybe you will getthe visa maybe not.

yes biometrics are taken unless you have had them before within a certain time, which you won't have had as you are asking the original question.

but DO read the rules of the Schengen visa, as you don't get a choice of which country to apply to, its what country you wish to enter or which country is your final/main destination.
MelC

ramzy227
Newly Registered

Post by ramzy227 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 pm

thanks u alot ....MelC

investco
Newly Registered

Post by investco » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Following recent changes to Latvian immigration laws, the Latvian Resident Permit is pretty much the easiest and most cost effective resident permit to get within the EU or Schengen Area.

It is usually possible to get a 5- year permit within 10 business days for an investment of €40,000, but from Yemen, it may take up to 90 days as additional security checks are required.

http://www.investco.lv/additional-security-checks/

It is also work noting that work permission is also included with your resident permit, so, you have the ability to work locally.

Regarding residency requirements, Latvia does not have any residency requirements for maintaining the resident permit, however, if you wish to apply for permanent residency status or even citizenship after 5 years, you must demonstrate that you have been resident in Latvia with the exception of 10 months within the 5 year period.

If you are not interested in permanent residency and citizenship, the 5-year permit is renewable without ANY requirement to be resident in Latvia or even within the Schengen Area.