ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Dependent Visa....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VNM
Newly Registered

Advice on Dependent Visa....

Post by VNM » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi,

My husband has applied for a dependent visa for his sister. His sister is mentally challenged and is living in the most compassionate circumstances after her mother died in August this year. She was fully dependent on her mother and now there is no one to look after. My husband is a British Citizen and is in India currently on a tourist visa and cannot leave without bringing her here to the UK. There is no relative who is willing to take on such a responsibility as this demands lots of attention and care and they have their own families to look after. What do you think are the chances of getting the visa?...... We have also applied through a solicitor but just wanted a second opinion. It will be now 5 weeks next week and still waiting for a decision.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:36 pm

These types of visas are very, very hard to get.

In my experience, they are almost always turned down by the ECO. The real hope lies with the appeal, not the initial application.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 am

VNM wrote:Hi,

Any one else who applied around the 14th September at BHC Delhi for a settlement visa. Does it still say applicaiton under process... I am really suprised as to no matter what the circumstance is they will always take around 3 months to get back, even if some one is living in the most exeptional circumstances!. Can an employer get in a touch with the BHC or a letter faxed to them? I would appreciate any comments...

Kind Regards

VNM
Guide to visa processing times

regards