ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Granted today

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Visa Granted today

Post by somsom2010 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I applied for the visa on the 5/10/2010 today i received the visa, I am working as a contractor the only problem was the accountant letter but the accountant reflected the amount i received in the bank statement as gross and subtract the tax to detail the net income .However many guys here including moderators oppose the fact that gross is the amount received in the bank statement and others advised me that i should detail the expenses .But anyway thanks for your help .and good luck for the other ,any question welcome.

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey first of all congrats for visa...5 days thats amazing, did you apply through post or premium service?

With regards to proof of income, I also work as a contractor and have my own limited company, do you have to submit invoices or bank statment is enough?

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Post by somsom2010 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 pm

neighbourboy wrote:Hey first of all congrats for visa...5 days thats amazing, did you apply through post or premium service?

With regards to proof of income, I also work as a contractor and have my own limited company, do you have to submit invoices or bank statment is enough?
Hello thanks so much, as contractor you need bank statements and letter from accountant to confirm your earnings . There is no need at all for invoices, However you must make sure that you are contractor otherwise you will be a self employed and that require another documents . But to be 100% sure you must read the guidance carefully, you will find all the required documents there and much more information. My advice as long as you follow the guidance you will get the visa.

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 am

somsom2010 wrote:
neighbourboy wrote:Hey first of all congrats for visa...5 days thats amazing, did you apply through post or premium service?

Hello thanks so much, as contractor you need bank statements and letter from accountant to confirm your earnings . There is no need at all for invoices, However you must make sure that you are contractor otherwise you will be a self employed and that require another documents . But to be 100% sure you must read the guidance carefully, you will find all the required documents there and much more information. My advice as long as you follow the guidance you will get the visa.

hi conrats....
i have a small querry... i am in uk psw visa
i am aplying fro tier1 next week my earnings from employed and self employed
as self employed am providing accountan letter and bank statement
utr letter from hmrc
employers liability insurance
invoices
is that enough or any thing extra documents need to provide
please help me in this case
i am applying next week thanx

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:41 am

Dear put some more light on your case,please inform us what documents you attached and ist transactions is only 1 figure in bank or more and what's the format of accountant letter,my frd is in same boat want to apply this month,ur detailed answer help him too.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:54 pm

We need some information,please reply me on above queries?

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Post by somsom2010 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:We need some information,please reply me on above queries?
Sorry for late reply,
According to published guidance,you need two evidence to prove your previous earnings as contractor personal bank statements clearly highlighting all credit payments made to his/her account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.

1:-personal bank statements clearly highlighting all credit payments made to his/her account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.these statements must be stamped and show your name and account numbers.
2:- letter from your accountant must be on headed paper and must confirm gross and net pay for the period claimed. The accountant letter detail Gross Income ,Tax amount and Net amount by subtracting tax from gross for the 12 months and that all.

You must read the guidance carefully and follow it ,Regards and good luck.

usman.shahid
Newly Registered

Post by usman.shahid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 am

somsom2010 wrote:
ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:We need some information,please reply me on above queries?
Sorry for late reply,
According to published guidance,you need two evidence to prove your previous earnings as contractor personal bank statements clearly highlighting all credit payments made to his/her account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.

1:-personal bank statements clearly highlighting all credit payments made to his/her account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.these statements must be stamped and show your name and account numbers.
2:- letter from your accountant must be on headed paper and must confirm gross and net pay for the period claimed. The accountant letter detail Gross Income ,Tax amount and Net amount by subtracting tax from gross for the 12 months and that all.

You must read the guidance carefully and follow it ,Regards and good luck.
what is meant by accountant letter ? does it has to be taken from accountant of the company with whom you have worked as a contractor or should it be taken from chartered accountant?

please reply as I am also a contractor and plan to apply....

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Dear i need little futher details,my friend only get 2 contracts and has 2 big transactions in his account but that well cover his earnings and are in 12 out of 15 months period,so do u believe it is ok?as he has genuine contracts money in his account but only 2 or 3 figures but of big amounts as his customers pay him in 1 amount.
So he need invoices from customers+personal statements+accountant letter,please reply quickly as he has appointment at end october 2010,if anything missing do advise me.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Som plz reply for above post,I am waiting.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Som plz reply for above post,I am waiting.
When seeking help / assistance, please be patient. People will respond to your query if and when they wish to.

regards

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:01 pm

When someone future is on stake,its not bad to request again,as sometime reminder help to get a reply early,so plz som do reply.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Dear John and push please advise me on contractor as som looks to be busy,i need your advice on above raised issues.