ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent question please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xlife
Newly Registered

Urgent question please

Post by Xlife » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 pm

My husband is due to apply for his ILR next month but there are a few issues we would like sorted before we apply...

1) Last year I applied for and recieved JSA in my name only as I was entitled to it and my hubby was not when has was out of work.... However when he found a job and I called them to say he was working they said that I could continue claiming which I thought was strange at the time but I continued to claim for a few months after that. A letter arrived some time after stating that I had been overpaid benefit and we had to repay the sum, but we appealed for the above reasons... Will this affect his ILR application?

2) A few months ago I had to claim JSA again, as he lost his job, but we hadnt noticed that we had been wrongly put on a couples rate and so we plan to pay this amount back ASAP. Will this affect his ILR application?

3) If we cant afford total repayment immediately and we opt to pay it back in instalments instead, will this affect his ILR application on the basis that it hasnt be repaid fully?

Any help would be much appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.