ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally!! Human rights fresh claim Expedited 6 wks till done

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Finally!! Human rights fresh claim Expedited 6 wks till done

Post by THEDUDE » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi all

Has anyone ever talked directly with their caseworker? My case is based on Article 8 and family life. Got the shock of my life today, I recently submitted a fresh claim 3 weeks ago after being detained for 24 hrs and released.
I just rang the removal team that detained me and they put me through to my caseworker.. She was really nice and veryy polite..She told me she will conclude my case in 2 months time,Furthermore she gave me her direct number and fax number and told me that if there was any more information i wanted to submit,i should contact her..I was just numb at that point..i kept imagining to myself that this person could change my life forever..lol..She confirmed that she received my fresh claim and had updated my file..the phone call lasted about 3 mins.

Anyone been through this experience?

Quick update

My fresh claim was expedited with the help of my MP and will be concluded in 6 weeks. I submitted further evidence through my local Mp,he has been brilliant. I hope and pray that we are granted. its been a long stressful battle with the homeoffice. I am tired!!!
:(
Last edited by THEDUDE on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tahir Bashir

Re: I Rang my case worker direct !!!!!

Post by Tahir Bashir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am

THEDUDE wrote:Hi all

Has anyone ever talked directly with their caseworker? My case is based on Article 8 and family life. Got the shock of my life today, I recently submitted a fresh claim 3 weeks ago after being detained for 24 hrs and released.
I just rang the removal team that detained me and they put me through to my caseworker.. She was really nice and veryy polite..She told me she will conclude my case in 2 months time,Furthermore she gave me her direct number and fax number and told me that if there was any more information i wanted to submit,i should contact her..I was just numb at that point..i kept imagining to myself that this person could change my life forever..lol..She confirmed that she received my fresh claim and had updated my file..the phone call lasted about 3 mins.

Anyone been through this experience?

Yes, a caseworker can come on the phone. Did you apply for asylum? If yes when was it? What is the background/basis of your claim under Art 8 (family ilfe)?

Remember,the thing with the Homeoffice is that if u think u are 2 steps ahead of them,they are 5 steps ahead of u and masterminding their next assault on you..!!!!

Yes, a caseworker can come on the phone. Did you apply for asylum? If yes when was it? What is the background/basis of your claim under Art 8 (family ilfe)?

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 am

thnx for response.

I did not apply for asylum and my case involves length of residence, strong connections in the UK, like parents,aunts,cousins etc and especially my child,i am the sole dependent and he has Autistic spectrum Disorder. He was born here to non british parents.

Main reason for the fresh claim is that removing him could cause severe psychological impact on his development.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 am

How old is your son?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:03 am

Hi

He is 5 years old and is in main stream school but requires special 1 to 1 support,which the school offers.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:14 am

Does his father have status now, in the UK, or another EU country?

What country are you from? Is the provision there a lot worse than in the UK?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:24 am

I am his father,i have no status hence the fresh claim,i am an overstayer from africa,there are no provisions in our home country that will offer the support he requires.My whole family is here in England.

thnx

Tahir Bashir

Post by Tahir Bashir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

I presume your son's mom has no settled status in UK.

You have submitted a fresh claim, now you have to wait for the decision before any next move. Hopefully your fresh claim was prepared properly and include all the relevant evidence. Although you are not allowed to work, you can stay in UK until your claim is decided.

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi everyone

I decided to get in touch with my case worker again! for an update..Basically my application is based on human rights and article 8. Please have a read through my previous post for more info.
Basically all she said was that because my application was based on human rights etc.she has forwarded my case to a Team? she would not go into any details but told me to check her again
in 3 weeks for an update..Has anyone been through this process and which Team is she referring to? Team team? I thought a caseworker was the one who grants or refuses applications or fresh claims etc.

Anyone got any ideas what she meant by Team and exactly what does this Team do?

Thnx

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

UKBA Barriar Team?

Post by THEDUDE » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 am

hello again

Anyone heard of them before..Caseworker says she forwarded my file to this
Barriar or Berriar Team..not sure if the spelling is correct..lol..but she pronounced it along those lines ..

bless