ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ucs

ILR Experience

Post by ucs » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:45 am

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of what happened when I applied for my ILR. I had completed my 4 years this January 06 on a work permit, took an appointment and went to the Croydon office with the following docs;

1. SET O form duly filled in with photos attached
2. Letter from employer
3. 6 Months bank statement
4. 6 Months pay slip
5. Marriage certificate
6. Birth certificate
7. Passports

We reached an hour before our appointment time and were allowed in after a security check. Since we had an appointment we went in a different line which was shorter and quicker than the line for people with no appointments.

The first counter we were sent to, the lady there took all our documents, checked them, verified some details on her computer, wrote a ref no on the SET O form and gave us back all the the docs as well as a ticket with a number which we had to keep as this would be how they would call us.

Next we were sent to the first floor to pay the fees, I paid using my credit card. After the payment we were aske to wait for our number to be called by the case worker. This wait took about 30 minutes as we were in early.

The case worked called our number, at the counter I asked what docs I could give him, he asked me to pass through the SET O form, my bank statements, employers letter and passports.

No questions were asked, it took him 15 minutes to type in our details on to his system, he returned the bank statement but kept the SET O form, passports and employers letter and then he said every thing is in order please come back after 2 hours. We were back after an hour and in another 15 minutes we were called to collect our passports with the ILR stamped on them.

The format of the letter my employer used is as below;

'This is to confirm that Mr. XXX is working with us since 20XX in the capacity of XXX (as on the work permit) and will continue to work in his present position'

I hope this you find this experience useful. Just wanted to give something back to this discussion board as it has helped me with a lot of my questions.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Congratulations UCS!

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Many congratulations!

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Congratulations!!

Thanks for the post too. My ILR appointment is in a week and this was exactly what I was looking for.