ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Invalid photo-Application Returned- Help me Reapply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishal_t
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - Invalid photo-Application Returned- Help me Reapply

Post by vishal_t » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 am

I have been in UK on a student visa that expired on 30th Sep 2010. I applied for a tier 2 work permit through my employer on the 21st of September and have got my application returned back today as INVALID (Due to photograph format ).

Could I reapply for the Visa with a new/same COS (It's still valid) from my employer lawfully within UK or do I need to return back to my country (India) and apply from there.

Are there any timelines (28 day or so) after the expiry of my initial visa that I must be aware of ? I believe I should be able to reapply in the next couple of days as I have just got the response today from Home Office.

I appreciate quick help as I am in process of sending my application back in next 48 hours.
PS:Also, I've been told that arrangements for refund have been made - Do I need to do anything else to get my refund for application back?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:38 pm

vishal_t wrote:I have been in UK on a student visa that expired on 30th Sep 2010.
vishal_t wrote:Hi Experts

I am currently on a Tier 2 work permit/ sponsored visa from India and have been working in UK on this for last 1.5 yrs on a work permit.

regards
Vish
vishal_t wrote:Hi HSMP Gurus

I had obtained an HSMP approval in August 2006 and based on this approval letter, i obtained an Entry Clearance in Feb 2007. This is valid until February 2009.

Now i need to apply for an extension of my HSMP.
Anyhow, to answer your question(s):
1. Whether an out-of-time application submitted within the UK will be considered for processing or not is subject to UKBA's discretion.
2. Technically, you are an overstayer since 01-Oct. and staying in the UK for more than 28 days (as an overstayer) may impact any entry clearance applications in the future.

regards