ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options if Settlement Refused..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devet
Newly Registered

Options if Settlement Refused..

Post by devet » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Hello,

I'm sure I am just being type A and over-worrying, but if my settlement is refused on whatever grounds, do I have the following option(s)...?

1) Staying on if my employer were to hire me as a Tier 2 general employee? They are already a registered sponsor, they would just need to make further application for my particular circumstance. However, would I need to leave the country and then return under this immigration status?

2) Is the above an option to pursue if I file an appeal and am awaiting results?

Sorry these are all general theoretical questions and probably don't have straight forward answers. I just like to plan alternative options in advance as I have a mortgage, partner, pets, and I very good job that I would not like to leave!

All the best,

Pamela