ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Family applications

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neel9821
Newly Registered

OCI Family applications

Post by neel9821 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for the OCI card along with my daughter who is minor. On the high commission's website, the fees for this type of application is £165 per applicant, including minors. Does that mean that I will have to pay £165 as a fee or I will have to pay £330? Has anyone done this kind of application in recent past? Any help will be appreciated...

mansawant

Post by mansawant » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi,

You have to pay £165 per application (for adult as well as minor). I have paid £495 for 3 applications (2 adults and a minor) on last Monday, 11th Oct 2010.
Hope that helps.

Manish

DIKUDEV
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by DIKUDEV » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 am

mansawant wrote:Hi,

You have to pay £165 per application (for adult as well as minor). I have paid £495 for 3 applications (2 adults and a minor) on last Monday, 11th Oct 2010.
Hope that helps.

Manish
Hi Manish,

I have applied for passport surrender and waiting for certificate to arrive.
As soon it arrives I will apply for OCI for me and my family.

I have registered online for Oci now can you favour me to give your advise on my confusions ?

1. When i printed form after saving it printed in 8 pages without proper page breaking which means title for the signature is on the page and space for the sign is on different page,is that ok ?
and in instruction it says you have to sign in signature box. but I can find just little space there not any box.

2. on hci website it says for minors left hand thumb for male and right hand thumb for female while printed form instruction says left thumb for minors. I need to clarify this as i have daughter and son.
3. did you print form twice for two sets or copied after filled form thorughly ?

Please give your advice on the above questions ?

Devang Shah.

mansawant

Post by mansawant » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Devang,

You can reprint the form from the website only you have to print separate form for each individual.

I was also confused about the minor's thumb but I have a son so taken his left hand thumb impression. As you have a daughter as well, need to confirm with them.

I have printed form twice but I think you can photocopy after filling throughly except signature part and sign both forms later on.

Manish

neel9821
Newly Registered

Post by neel9821 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 am

mansawant wrote:Hi,

Hope that helps.

Manish
Thanks Manish for your reply. So for 1 family application the fees for me is £330

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 pm

There is no concept of family application for OCI as far as application fees is concerned, though a single form may be used by a family of four (2 adults + 2 children). Fees is to be paid for by each applicant (adult or minor). So the fees for 1 family depends on the number of family members in that 1 family.

165 x no. of applicants = total fees to be paid.

Continue in this topic.

regards