ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

obtained a visitor visa, pls advise one a quick question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

osprey
Newly Registered

obtained a visitor visa, pls advise one a quick question

Post by osprey » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:45 pm

i saw this on another forum is this answer correct seems a bit harsh,
zizzax - 2010-09-09 5:36 PM
Hi all,
My girlfriend is currently in UK on a visitor visa which runs out in mid Feb..........
What is the next step for her to stay in UK, has it got to be another Visitor Visa, Fiancee Visa or can she apply for a Settlement Visa??
Await your comments,
Thanks,

First of all a question to you.

How long did your GF state that she is going to visit you for on the visa application form?

I hope that you are aware that if she stated she will be visiting for a few weeks and it turns out that the "visit" is a visit for a few months then there is a very good chance that you will not need to worry about what type of visa she applies for next because what ever visa she applies for, the result will be
"Visa refused" .
it says on my spouse' invite letter she needs 3 months in uk, obv they issue a 6 month one to all, if my wife stayed 4-5 months then she will never get a visa again?

also

can a partner of an EU citizen come to uk without a visa? but a non eu partner of a uk citizen needs one?

im confused,

pls guys i need your wisdom!

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:08 am

A Non-EEA spouse or partner of an EEA of an EEA National would obtain a EEA Family Permit before coming to the UK.
Live and let live