ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess on 14/10/10 -Sheffield,WP+Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack231980
Newly Registered

ILR Sucess on 14/10/10 -Sheffield,WP+Tier 1 General

Post by jack231980 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:49 am

First of all I would like to Thank all members of Work Permit forum and all those members who share their views and answers.Thank you very much.
This forum has given me all the support i need for my application.

Here is my case.

WP+Tier1 General with 250 days holidays(not business)all paid holidays+Speeding conviction from Court(Criminal Offence) and a Police Caution(not mentioned in my application).

For my holidays i have used one of the templates from this forum,i have separated the EU and Non EU holidays and also Weekend,paid holidays and dedcuted in and out days and which brought it to 225 days.

And i have got letters from my present and previous employers confirming that my holidays were authorised and paid.
I had continous holiday of 65 days as i had to support my father because of his operation - submitted his discharge report from hospital.

I was sick once when i went for holiday and i provided the sickness report and also i attended my sister marriage and i provided,her marriage certificate.

I have made my appointment on September 2nd by phone,as i found that by phone they have appointment days faster than Online,although Home office say Online has more dates - this is my opinion,as i was looking at appointment dates from July.

My appointment was at 09:00 Am,and i was there by 08:15,doors opened at 08:30AM and usual airport style Security check(3 security guards and 2 off them are really not friendly at that time,felt like not a good start.)
No one asked for proof of my appointment and we were asked to switch of the mobile phones and when i said i have my appointment confirmation on phone,Security said we dont need to see.
After the security check I was asked to see Window 7 (Reception) and as i was the second person in queue,it was quick,Reception asked for my name and confirmed it in the list and issued me a token with a number.

After that i was called by the another man with my token number and he looked into my documents and said everything is fine and he will forward it to the case worker and i need to go and pay the fees in the next counter.
Which i did and i was not given any Score for Life in the UK Test and i even asked and she said she doesnt know it.

Now i had to just wait and i waited till 11:30AM and one of the case worker came and informed me that she is the one who is looking into my case and i have passed all the checks but she needs approval from her Manager and as her Manager is in a Conference,i need to wait for another 40 mins.
My wait started from 09:00 AM.
I can see others who came after me got their visa with in 2 - 3 hrs and even left the place.

At 14:15,the same lady came to me and said,everything is fine with ur application,except your bank statements - which has got too many transfers with out any reference and we need to know where the money is coming from and she wanted to issue me a letter to send the proof of my tranfers by post and then they will decide on my application.
But i interupted her and said,most of those tranfers are from my own accounts,as i have 2 other bank accounts,but the one you have is my main account where i recive my salary and i have a part time job which i do some times if that company needs me and they pay in my other bank account and that is another source of income.
Then she wanted those other bank statements,so i borrowed some time and went to Sheffield High Street (10 - 15 mins walk) and got them printed and stamped from Banks and i was back by 15:30 and submitted.

Case worker still not convinced and said she will verify and get back to me.At 1700 hrs,some other person was calling my token number and when i went and confirmed my name and yes she was calling me and she gave me the good news that its been approved and passed my passport to verify if all the details are correct on the passport.

So basically no case worker discuss the case with u,in most cases in sheffield.

As i was there for the whole day,i have seen the whole process and many cases and how they deal with it.
Its a very small waiting area,where everything happens starting from registration,fees and case discussion.Every one can hear and see what happens around you and you can also see the case workers on the other side of the window doing all sorts of work.
Quite trasnparent and very small area and noisy with TV,kids,case discussions and toilets.

Hope i have given enough information about my experience.

and wish it is helpfull

If you have any quoestions write to me and i will answer.

Wishes

Jack

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi can I what was your speeding convition fine ? + points ? and did you mention it.

thanks

salina02

Post by salina02 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi,

"For my holidays i have used one of the templates from this forum,i have separated the EU and Non EU holidays and also Weekend,paid holidays and dedcuted in and out days and which brought it to 225 days".

Please can you post the template or forward the link for the template, and also like you are mentioning seperating weekend - can you please explain.

BR
salina02

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Jack,

Congratulations...Could you please let us know the Documents you've submitted or the case worker has asked for

S

jack231980
Newly Registered

Documents

Post by jack231980 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:28 pm

1.Life in the UK test certificate
2.Letter from the employer
3.P60s what ever available
4.6 months payslips
5.6 months bank statements
6.Address proof

ice.blade
Newly Registered

Post by ice.blade » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you Jack for sharing your experience and story of success..

eager2learn

Re: Documents

Post by eager2learn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 pm

jack231980 wrote:1.Life in the UK test certificate
2.Letter from the employer
3.P60s what ever available
4.6 months payslips
5.6 months bank statements
6.Address proof
Hi Jack,
I was also in WP/tier2 and then moved to tier 1. I am going to apply for ILR early next year. Are the letters from all previous employers absolutely necessary, what if they are not operational anymore?

The P60s/P45s should prove those employments right?