ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Tier 1 Mistake in Visa Valid Date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varmadba
Newly Registered

Uk Tier 1 Mistake in Visa Valid Date

Post by varmadba » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello all,

I got my Uk tier 1 visa today and visa valid date is from 14th Oct but in the visa application i mentioned that i am planning to travel to Uk in Jan

Is there a way to get valid date corrected ? as it will take at least 2 months for me to resign my job

any suggestions are welcomed

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

On what date did you apply? and what date did you specify (in the form) as the intended travel date?

regards

varmadba
Newly Registered

Post by varmadba » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:37 pm

I applied on 8th Oct from hyd and got visa today 18th
and i mentioned travel date as 14th jan 2011

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Looks like you may have mentioned an invalid date (ECB9.5) and perhaps that is the reason the ECO did not issue a post dated visa.

Not sure if the request to change effective date will be entertained since the the error was perhaps made at your end and also that this (post-dating an EC) is at ECO's discretion. But no harm in trying.

regards

laskk

Post by laskk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:33 pm

varmadba wrote:I applied on 8th Oct from hyd and got visa today 18th
As you applied on 8 OCT and from this date you have the option till three months and for yours proposed travel date is gonna finish on 8 Jan, but you mention on application that you wanna travel 14 Jan, which is addition of 06 days to the three month. As the ECO has discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised

Thats why i think ECO has given you the visa validity from current date.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:52 pm

varmadba wrote:I applied on 8th Oct from hyd and got visa today 18th
sushmehta and laskk are correct .
So I dont think they will change the visa date varmadba.

Congrats for securing visa.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm

What common sense says in this scenario is ECO should have post dated visa by 3 months anyway....

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:15 am

Agree about common sense. Politely ask them to amend it. Point out that you had formally requested a date in January. They could/should have posted dated it within the limit of three months.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fmaher
Newly Registered

Post by fmaher » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm

I had the same problem and I asked ECO to post-date my visa and after they checked my VAF9 they accept to issue a letter to submit my passport to VAC. I got a pre-scheduled appointment to submit my passport for the new visa in the next week.

Rahs
Newly Registered

Similar Issue Please Help

Post by Rahs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm

I have a somewhat similar issue. I got Tier 1 General Visa from outside the country two years ago.I applied November 11; got the visa valid date to be Nov 20 but indicated in my application; travelling date of January 4. I travelled on Jan 4 as stated, I just realised now that I should have asked for the date to be corrected.

Help Needed: Is there anyway I could correct this error so that I will only apply for visa extension once before ILR application? Please advise me.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Similar Issue Please Help

Post by push » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Rahs wrote:I have a somewhat similar issue. I got Tier 1 General Visa from outside the country two years ago.I applied November 11; got the visa valid date to be Nov 20 but indicated in my application; travelling date of January 4. I travelled on Jan 4 as stated, I just realised now that I should have asked for the date to be corrected.

Help Needed: Is there anyway I could correct this error so that I will only apply for visa extension once before ILR application? Please advise me.
Yes you can - see this
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Rahs
Newly Registered

Post by Rahs » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:36 am

Thank you Push for this fast response/guidance.

Rahs
Newly Registered

Please Advise Me on HO Reply On This Issue

Post by Rahs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 am

Relevant portion of the reply is quoted as follows

“You landed in the UK on -------- and you are concerned that your visa will expire a little short of you being in the UK for full 3yearsâ€

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 am

ECB9.5 states that post dating a visa is subject to ECO's discretion.

regards

Rahs
Newly Registered

Post by Rahs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 pm

so are you now saying that raisning the issue further is not an option????

Rahs
Newly Registered

Post by Rahs » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:21 pm

sushdmehta wrote:ECB9.5 states that post dating a visa is subject to ECO's discretion.

regards
I want to revisit this issue.
Sushdmehta: Can you please elaborate on your comment and what is your view as regards my question above.

Comments from forums members are welcome.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 am

the ECO has discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised.
It's up to the visa officer's discretion whether or not they post-date the visa. The question on the form asks for an intended date of travel, not the date that you want your visa issued from. Therefore, it's up to the discretion of the visa officer to either issue the visa with an immediate validity date or any time between now and the date you intend to travel (up to three months).

The decision on the date of the visa is SOLELY with the visa officer and NOT with the applicant. Unfortunately, you are at their mercy when they make their decisions.

As the visa was issued as being valid prior to the date you intended to travel, there is unfortunately, no mistake. That's the only thing that's required - visa date has to be before or on travel date. Hence they will keep telling you that no mistake was made.

In terms of your ILR, you might need to renew twice instead of once. Just check your dates carefully.

Rahs
Newly Registered

Got It Changed

Post by Rahs » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am

Thank you mulderpf for your response. Although sushdmehta did not respond to my question on his comment.

The valid date was amended for me after I wrote back again. Of course it was all about God’s favour in form of the “ECO discretionâ€

dhruv

Re: Got It Changed

Post by dhruv » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:40 pm

[quote="Rahs"]Thank you mulderpf for your response. Although sushdmehta did not respond to my question on his comment.

The valid date was amended for me after I wrote back again. Of course it was all about God’s favour in form of the “ECO discretionâ€

dhruv

Post by dhruv » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:34 am

[quote="Rahs"]Thank you mulderpf for your response. Although sushdmehta did not respond to my question on his comment.

SureShot

Re: Uk Tier 1 Mistake in Visa Valid Date

Post by SureShot » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 pm

varmadba wrote:Hello all,

I got my Uk tier 1 visa today and visa valid date is from 14th Oct but in the visa application i mentioned that i am planning to travel to Uk in Jan

Is there a way to get valid date corrected ? as it will take at least 2 months for me to resign my job

any suggestions are welcomed
Same thing has happened to me too... I applied for T1 visa in Nov and put in the date of travell as 01-01-2011 but those bozos gave me the date as 01-12-2010.

and quite strange since a friend of mine who has to join his new job in uk on 3rd jan has been given the date as 15th jan even after specifying the same date as i did.

is there anything that can be done about this??
Last edited by SureShot on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Woops... sorry for asking guys. missed out the posts containing the links...

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 pm

dhruv wrote: Thank you all for your help. after continued persistence BHC new delhi has finally agreed to extend my visa starting date.
Hi Dhruv

Congrats on having this fixed. Can you please share the content of the e-mails and the e-mail address to write it to...

dhruv

Post by dhruv » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:21 pm

i contacted delhi embassy by email first at visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk . then called them at the number on the website after 15 days.

first time the guy at embassy was rude and refused to help. I called them again after a few days and found someone helpful. he checked with other individuals and they said it can be done but they will get back to me.

Today they called and asked me to submit my passport at VFS center