ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Tier - 1 despite a Valid French Study Visa ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cavin79
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Tier - 1 despite a Valid French Study Visa ?

Post by cavin79 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,
I am going to France for MBA studies (1 yr) and I wish to look for job and internship opportunities in the UK. I would therefore be applying for PBS Tier 1 now as it can only be done from the home country.

My french student visa for 1 year has already been stamped for studies starting Dec'10 my worry is what should I say in my application as case officer is likely to see the study visa. Should I mention my study plans or I should simply say that I am seeking Tier-1 in order to visit the UK and explore employment opportunities starting Mid January. Kindly suggest as if I declare my exact study plans then I may have to provide a lot of documents.

I also came to know that you need a Tier -1 visa to seek internship opportunities and also if your purpose of visit to UK is interviews. In this case would the case officer be concerned with the study visa I have. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

vinny

Re: Can I apply for Tier - 1 despite a Valid French Study Vi

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 pm

cavin79 wrote:Hi,
I am going to France for MBA studies (1 yr) and I wish to look for job and internship opportunities in the UK. I would therefore be applying for PBS Tier 1 now as it can only be done from the home country.
That's incorrect.
cavin79 wrote:My french student visa for 1 year has already been stamped for studies starting Dec'10 my worry is what should I say in my application as case officer is likely to see the study visa. Should I mention my study plans or I should simply say that I am seeking Tier-1 in order to visit the UK and explore employment opportunities starting Mid January. Kindly suggest as if I declare my exact study plans then I may have to provide a lot of documents.

I also came to know that you need a Tier -1 visa to seek internship opportunities and also if your purpose of visit to UK is interviews. In this case would the case officer be concerned with the study visa I have. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Better to apply for a visit visa. Subsequently, apply for a Tier 1 visa from France when you are ready.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cavin79
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply for Tier - 1 despite a Valid French Study Vi

Post by cavin79 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:35 am

I can apply for visit visa but then I would not be eligible for Tier - 1 as I am qualifying only because of previous earnings which would lapse if I do not apply within 3 months of quitting the job. I have all the points and documents ready for Tier - 1 application please tell me if having a french student visa for 1 year already on passport could be an issue?