ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

billyjean
Newly Registered

Expired passport

Post by billyjean » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I am about to apply using form SET (M) and have discovered to my horror that my passport expired 3 months ago. I will miss the deadline if I do not apply now. Should I just send the expired passport or should I get a new one and risk applying late?

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Wait for expert opinion on this, but I suspect they'll reject your application based on the submission of an expired passport. :shock: Not sure if there's any scenario in which they'd accept it, although as I said, wait for expert opinion - there may be hope! :)

billyjean
Newly Registered

Post by billyjean » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 pm

I had a look through the forums and found this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Which states at paragraph 9.2 that an expired passport is acceptable provided that the individual is in the UK at the time of application, and provided that the individual does not already have a visa issued on an expired passport.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 pm

The same document clearly states (under section 9.2):
There is, however, no objection to placing an endorsement of indefinite leave to remain in an expired passport.

regards

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Great! Looks like you're good to go! :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

ilrq1 wrote:I have got my ILR but it's on a piece of paper, i.e. it is not attached to my passport. When the UKBA gave me my ILR they realised since my passport was already expired, they decided to just return my old passport and give me my ILR separately on a A4 page.
Contradicts what the IDI guidance states!

regards