ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post-dating Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fmaher
Newly Registered

Post-dating Tier 1 visa

Post by fmaher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Q1: I got my tier 1 in Sep.2010, unfortunately the starting date of visa was Aug-2010 while my expected travel date was on 30.Nov.2010 in my visa application form (VAF9 and VAF10). So, it is not in conform with my requested date and I want to post-date my visa according to my travel date. Is there anybody to know what I have to do and is it possible?

Q2: I am looking for a proof in UKBA website that imply on this sentence: "You have to come to UK within 28 days (after the starting date) to be eligible for applying ILR without any need to apply for the second extension".

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Post-dating Tier 1 visa

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 pm

fmaher wrote:Q1: I got my tier 1 in Sep.2010, unfortunately the starting date of visa was Aug-2010 while my expected travel date was on 30.Nov.2010 in my visa application form (VAF9 and VAF10). So, it is not in conform with my requested date and I want to post-date my visa according to my travel date. Is there anybody to know what I have to do and is it possible?
This thread might help you.
fmaher wrote:Q2: I am looking for a proof in UKBA website that imply on this sentence: "You have to come to UK within 28 days (after the starting date) to be eligible for applying ILR without any need to apply for the second extension".
In settlement you can see that you can apply only 28 days before you qualify. So, in order to do so, you need to come to UK within 28 days.

'Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (where a fee is charged). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.'