ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Wife - Is there a way to get back to UK together?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Couture
Newly Registered

Foreign Wife - Is there a way to get back to UK together?

Post by Couture » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 am

Quick one here. Been banging head against wall really trying to get the answer to this one so ill lay it out here and hope for a really simple response. My other thread didnt really ask this question so...

Alright - Me, British...Wife is foreign. We live abroad and are coming home to the UK to settle.

Assuming I get a job offer, whats the best route to go down re: her visa? I initially thought it best and most likely to go down the spousal visa route for Leave to Enter - but that would leave her here being processed whilst I go to UK.

If i get an offer ill be expected to jump on short notice...her LTE application could take months here and we would be apart. I prefer to keep us together through the move.

Is there a way to do this? Can she come as a tourist then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain whilst there?

Thanks guys, any advice appreciated as always.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Wife - Is there a way to get back to UK together

Post by avjones » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 am

Alright - Me, British...Wife is foreign. We live abroad and are coming home to the UK to settle.
Where do you live, and what nationality is your wife? Are you both over 21? How long have you been married?

Is there a way to do this? Can she come as a tourist then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain whilst there?
No. Unless she's a citizen of an EEA country.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 am

if youve been married for more then 4 years you can apply for leave to remain, otherwise she'll have to apply for spouse visa from her home country, you as a sponser will need to prove, finances and accommodation and relationship, this means 6 months bank statements plus total amount you have saved to prove you have 102.4 money per week left after rent .If you get a job offer and go to the uk then there may be a gap, length to get a spouse visa issued depends on what country you apply from. generally up to 12 weeks, but many times its less if its a straight foreward case.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 am

If you have a written job offer, can prove finances and adequate accommodation available on your arrival you can apply for a spouse entry visa and travel together. Depending on where you are living at present, your wife may have to comply with the new pre-entry English test.
Skyepark is partly right. If you have been married for a minimum of 4 years and living outside of the UK for all of that time she can apply for Indefinate Leave to Enter but she would have to pass the Life in the UK test (KOL) either on a visit to the UK or after entering on the Spouse visa..when a permanent visa would then be issued.

Couture
Newly Registered

Post by Couture » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah we will still only be newlyweds by the time we probably get this move done. We are working on the premise that, with no huge savings to speak of currently I was gonna push forward with showing a letter of offer from future employer stating future earnings and wait until I get this offer before moving. We have a place to stay sorted out rent and council tax free. My earnings will allow us to probably show more than 400 quid leftover a week. We will probably have about 2500 quid in the bank when I go.

So a spouse entry visa really is the way forward?... damn. Im sure that takes months to process here (méxico) and no employer will wait for me that long. Looks like theres no way around it then... she's gonna have to travel alone :( We are both 32, She is Méxican.