ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help urgently ilr app mon mornin-lost bank statements!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greenteas
Newly Registered

need help urgently ilr app mon mornin-lost bank statements!

Post by greenteas » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Really need someones help urgently! We going for ilr in person first thing monday morning and got all the docs letters requested to show we have lived together for 2 yrs, only problem is I that I have most of my bank statements for last 3 years but cannot find 2 of them anywhere, one for august and one for sep. Its too late to order them from bank and ukba states we cant download internet copies. my husband has all his, he is on spouse visa and has kept all docs filed for last 2 years.

Will they refuse him ilr over this? panicking! should we cancel till later date when we get them? bank said today it could take a week for statements to come and we will have to pay increase ilr fee if we delay. help anyone? the 2 statements are for this year and we need last 6 months right?

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: need help urgently ilr app mon mornin-lost bank statemen

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 am

greenteas wrote:Really need someones help urgently! We going for ilr in person first thing monday morning and got all the docs letters requested to show we have lived together for 2 yrs, only problem is I that I have most of my bank statements for last 3 years but cannot find 2 of them anywhere, one for august and one for sep. Its too late to order them from bank and ukba states we cant download internet copies. my husband has all his, he is on spouse visa and has kept all docs filed for last 2 years.

Will they refuse him ilr over this? panicking! should we cancel till later date when we get them? bank said today it could take a week for statements to come and we will have to pay increase ilr fee if we delay. help anyone? the 2 statements are for this year and we need last 6 months right?
ya they do need last 3 months bankstatments. if you can extend your appointment if possible that will be good. what time is your appointment ?
if its in afternoon you can go to bank at 9:00 and take internet printouts and get them signed and stamped.

misswilliams
Newly Registered

Post by misswilliams » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 am

Greenteas,

The UKBA's main concern when granting ILR is to determine that the couple have been co-habitating for the last two years whilst on spouse visa, and that the marriage is genuine.

They will want to see proof of your finances, but will be more interested in your spouses bank details, as he is the one applying for ILR. They will want to see that he's financially able to support himself, and you yourself could be unemployed or claiming certain benefits for yourself, so the fact you've mislaid a couple is of little consequence.

ILR is only granted when you can prove beyond doubt that you have lived together as a married couple (or unmarried/civil couple) - that's their main priority. Finances are secondary.

greenteas
Newly Registered

Post by greenteas » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks both. Fahadz our app is monday morning 9oclock so imposs to get bank statements from bank. I only have a few letters dating back to 2008 also. Im not as good as my hubs at keeping things in order so we had bit of a row last minute as i left everything to last minute. I think i might have enough letters covering the 2 years but only have bank statements going back to april 2009, i got a feeling i shredded them all. Maybe i shredded last 2 statements, i have a tidy up each month and may have done it by accident.

I dont know what to do now, you say i need last 2 statements and Misswilliams thinks i dont? MW, are you sure its my husbands bank statements theyre more intrested in? He thinks we will loose all our money now if we dont take right docs with us and its giving me grief. If we cancel we will have to pay another £200 and havent got it. Could we take a chance on what weve got?

I dont know what to do now. Please help. Has anybody else been in this situation, could they advise? Please?

billyjean
Newly Registered

Post by billyjean » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I have been on every visa know to man and I've never received any check on my finances at all. I've always waited many hours at the PEO. Maybe you could bring your internet printouts with you and pop out to the bank to have them stamped while you are waiting if it really is an issue for them.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:06 pm

If your husband has 3 months bank statements there shouldn't be a problem. As you've already been advised, the main focus is on evidence showing that the relationship is still continuing and you are living at the same address.
As far as finances are concerned the checking office will simply want to see that you are supporting yourselves financially.