ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to Spain on a EEA Family member permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giruzz

Going to Spain on a EEA Family member permit

Post by giruzz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Hello,

Just a quick question...can anyone confirm that is possible to travel to Spain having just an EEA Family member permit? (5yrs)

Thanks,

Giruzz[/quote]

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:18 pm

An EEA family permit lasts only for 6 months. Do you have a Residence Card (which lasts for 5 years)?

vicky80
Newly Registered

Post by vicky80 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 am

You can if you are traveling with your partner. I had a bad experience where I attempted to travel without my partner to Spain on my EEA family member visa. I went to the Spanish embassy to apply for the visa and was told I would not need one. Also if you read through the Spanish embassy rules on their website it does not mention you need to travel with your partner. It states as long as you have a residency card in your passport with your name on it that is sufficient. I got to the Airport and was refused boarding by Easyjet. Still not sure what the exact rules are here but I wouldn’t risk it if I were you.

vicky80
Newly Registered

Post by vicky80 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 am

Here is the link for what you are after.

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/L ... vices.aspx

I note since I tried to get in they have updated the conditions to state when traveling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. When I tried to go this wasn’t stated. Annoying as I went to get the visa and everything but was told I wouldn’t need one.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

In general you can only travel visa free if you (1) have a Residence Card and are traveling with your EU family member, or (2) have a passport which does not require a visa or (3) are traveling with your EU family member and have no visa ( http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ )

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:32 am

i ave been to Spain on my resident card aka resident document or resident permit or EEA2
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document