ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income proof query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mini
Member of Standing

Income proof query

Post by Mini » Sun May 16, 2004 8:40 am

Hi,
I have been going thru the contents of this forum for a few days now and want to comment that almost all of my qs seem to be answered here or there. Its a good feeling to be here. I am in the process of preparing my HSMP appl and need clarity on showing savings for the hsmp appl.

I do not have any savings to show in my bank account as my husband has been doing his MBA from UK for the past 1 yr and we've practically spent all. But i do have some stocks from my current company that i received as ESOPs. Can I send allotment letters for the stocks along with current valuation data and my demat statements to get advantage of savings. DO you think the HO would consider that as ability to support. The current valuations come close to 10000 GBP
Mini

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon May 17, 2004 10:50 am

You do not need to show proof of funds at the application stage, its only if you are successful and are filing for EC that you need to show proof of funds. Depending on what your shares are worth you can show that as proof of funds at the time of filing for EC.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed May 19, 2004 5:02 am

Thank you for your reply. But i distinctly remember Vayu saying that he had shown proof of savings of GBP 1000 alongwith the application. I wonder if it is preferable (if not essential) to do so ?

Mini
Mini

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_mike » Wed May 19, 2004 5:50 am

Hi Mini,

I didn't send any proof of funds with my application and I got approval without any questions being asked. As Papafaith said, it's only required at the EC stage. Hope this helps.

Reagrds
Mike

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed May 19, 2004 6:16 am

But then what do you give as explaination under the 'Other Evidence Reqd' Section 9 mentioned in the Guidance notes. It specifically asks you to justify ...i quote " That you have enough savings and/or potential income to be able to support yourself and your family"

Mini
Mini