ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Response!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nimbus
Newly Registered

No Response!

Post by nimbus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:04 am

Further to my previous post (Failed Asylum Seeker. Help please) I guess the question which we would like answering, if possible is………………… In 2000 asylum was refused and due to a bent firm of solicitors no appeal was ever made to contest the HO refusal. Was advised by bent solicitor to “Disappear”. Would leave to appeal against the HO decision in 2000 now be considered out of time and if so would a fresh claim for asylum be possible?
Thanks in anticipation of any feedback.

Snip

Seems that the old adage is true "If you need something doing, do it yourself!"

The answer to the above questions are breathtakingly simple.

1: Seek permission to appeal original refusal out of time giving reason for delay

2: If the above fails. Make fresh application for asylum outlining material changes since original claim.

Seems that the subject of "Asylum" is off topic re this forum. My apologies!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 am

Seems that the subject of "Asylum" is off topic re this forum. My apologies!
Not at all .... but you need to accept that most people here are posting from their own background ... their own experience .... and if people don't know the answer to a question, or have nothing useful to post, then ... well ... they won't post!

The last thing you won't is hundreds of replies saying "Don't know"!
John

confused1

Post by confused1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:16 am

TO BE HONEST WHAT I HAVE HEARD IN THIS CASE THE HOME OFFICE MIGHT NOT AND ALMOST CERTAINLY WON'T LET YOU TO REAPPLY BY YOURSELF UNLESS THEY GIVES YOU THE PERMISSION TO DO SO.

WHAT YOU NEED NOW IS A GOOD SOLICITOR, WHO CAN WRITE TO THE HOME OFFICE AND IF I AM RIGHT THERE ARE TWO POSSIBILITIES:

1. THE SOLICITOR WILL WRITE TO THE HOME OFFICE AND TELL THEM THAT IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT, IT WAS THE SOLICITOR WHO LET YOU DOWN. IF THE HO THINKS YOU HAVE A STRONG CASE THEY MIGHT PERMIT YOU TO LOG A FRESH ASYLUM CASE.

IF NOT

2. YOUR SOLICITOR WILL APPLY TO THE HOME OFFICE ON HUMAN RIGHTS GROUND, OUTSIDE THE IMMIGRATION RULE, AND IF IT'S ACCEPTED THEN IT WILL TAKE AGES BEFORE THEY REVIEWS YOUR CASE. SO IF IT WORKS YOU CAN ATLEAST BUY SOME TIME. WHO KNOWS IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE CASE THEY MIGHT ACCEPT YOUR APPEAL.

I KNOW IT'S A STRESSFUL MOMENT AND JOHN IS RIGHT YOU DON'T WANT ANY WRONG/MISLEADING ADVICES.

TALK TO A GOOD SOLICITOR. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. REFUGEE COUNCIL/ CITIZEN ADVICE SOMETIMES CAN HELP YOU.

[Moderator edit (John) : Writing in Block Capitals on the internet is equivalent to shouting. Any posts made in Block Capitals are liable to be deleted without warning.]

nimbus
Newly Registered

Post by nimbus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:27 pm

Thanks for the positive response Confused1. Have already written to HO re an appeal and am currently awaiting their response. Plan Z a fresh claim for asylum and the Human Rights angle

nimbus
Newly Registered

Post by nimbus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Ps....... Am fairly certain that you're not shouting ;o)

confused1

Post by confused1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:15 pm

I didn't mean to shout. Actually I was typing my postcode in another website so when I saw this i thought let's tell them what I know. There are so many protocols we just don't follow....

confused1

Post by confused1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 am

okie here's a non-immigration question, when does your status changes from Junior member to just member?

nimbus
Newly Registered

Post by nimbus » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:02 am

Interesting question Confused. Can't help you on that one, but I'm sure that the moderator will kick in with an answer.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:46 am

when does your status changes from Junior member to just member?
Please appreciate that things like this are not set by the Moderators but instead are determined by the Administrator.

Having looked at a few posts this morning my guess is that the answer to your question is 50.
Last edited by John on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

confused1

Post by confused1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:41 pm

Thanks John.

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:41 am

Does that speed up your file in the HO?... :wink:

confused1 wrote:okie here's a non-immigration question, when does your status changes from Junior member to just member?

confused1

Post by confused1 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:26 am

mhunjn wrote:Does that speed up your file in the HO?... :wink:

confused1 wrote:okie here's a non-immigration question, when does your status changes from Junior member to just member?
I wish if it did.