ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

HSMP question

Post by abhijeetrao » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:48 am

Hello All,

I am relatively new to this HSMP and he forum. I had a question.

I have done my MS degree from US and undergrad in engineering from India. Do you think that USA MS degree is considered Masters degree as per NARIC database and we can claim points for it. if yes, do I have just send my masters degree or I will have to send both.

Any answers will be appreciated.

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:58 am

Even I have Master's from US and engineering degree from India. As I did MS from a private and relative small school I have send my credentials to NARIC just to make sure that I can get 25 points for Master’s degree

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:29 pm

Please post up what you learn from NARIC. Watch it though, they may talk to you over on the US masters- happened to me

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:06 pm

amhilde, thanks for the heads up can you share you exp. with NARIC?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:59 am

search previous posts for detailed experience of amhilde
My bow has been renewed

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:58 am

Thanks for the reply. I dont understand why would they consider US Masters as not equivalent to british Masters. US Masters degree actually requires you to complete a 4 year undergrad degree. So it HAS to be considered equivalent. So amhilde please clarify what got screwed up in your case.

Also if someone can tell me more info on how to get credentials evaluated from NARIC assessment.

THanks

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:29 am

Fill out the online application at http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=151 (Costs approx. 30 GBP). and then send your Degree certificates and Transcripts

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:53 am

Hello Pateketu/Anyone

THis is more of question for someone who is applying based from US. For the past earnings what do we have to submit. In US, we file tax return electronically. So there is not really any original doc. Also the pay slips are sometimes available on PDF format and not hard copy. So how do we supply original in this case. Also my company has gone thru acquisition recently so I have few pay stubs with original company name and few with new name. So how can we prove that we have been working in the same

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Master's degree from US

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:12 pm

I believe that someone who graduate from acredited US university should not be worried that their degree is not equivalent to british Masters.
This is especially true if you graduate from prominent univeristy or state own university. Acredited US degree must be already in the NARIC database.

But as most of us know that quite a few university in the US are non acredited. Some universities even openly advestised for online degree without attending school. This will probable the cause why some universities in the US are not recognised.

Cheers
Pantaiema

abhijeetrao wrote:Thanks for the reply. I dont understand why would they consider US Masters as not equivalent to british Masters. US Masters degree actually requires you to complete a 4 year undergrad degree. So it HAS to be considered equivalent. So amhilde please clarify what got screwed up in your case.

Also if someone can tell me more info on how to get credentials evaluated from NARIC assessment.

THanks

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:04 pm

abhijeetrao wrote:Hello Pateketu/Anyone

THis is more of question for someone who is applying based from US. For the past earnings what do we have to submit. In US, we file tax return electronically. So there is not really any original doc. Also the pay slips are sometimes available on PDF format and not hard copy. So how do we supply original in this case. Also my company has gone thru acquisition recently so I have few pay stubs with original company name and few with new name. So how can we prove that we have been working in the same
I am in the same confusion, my pay stubs are only available in an online format on company's Intranet. I thinking of asking the HR if they have something else

I think there is a portion of W2 that you get to keep (I am not sure I have to check my W2).