ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absences Spreadsheet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasa1
Newly Registered

ILR Absences Spreadsheet

Post by prasa1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 am

Hi All,
I have my ILR PEO Appointment tomorrow at Croydon(WP + HSMP + Tier 1). I have the following questions

1. Do I need to attach an additional excel spreadsheet , even if my absences over the 5 year period is only 120 days. I have completed the relevant section in the SET (O) form with in/out dates and reason for absences

2. Do they accept Debit/Credit Card Payments

3. Any news on the Fee Hike ? I have been checking UKBA website on a hourly basis and there is no news. This has not been tabled yet in the parliament as well.

xyz123

Re: ILR Absences Spreadsheet

Post by xyz123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 pm

prasa1 wrote:Hi All,
1. Do I need to attach an additional excel spreadsheet , even if my absences over the 5 year period is only 120 days. I have completed the relevant section in the SET (O) form with in/out dates and reason for absences

3. Any news on the Fee Hike ? I have been checking UKBA website on a hourly basis and there is no news. This has not been tabled yet in the parliament as well.
1- you should be ok. just fill relevant section of the form accurately. i had over 200 days of absences and had prepared the spreadhsheet but they didnt ask for that at all.

2- yes all debit/credit cards excepted except AMEX

3- why need for paliament approval? i thought they were due to increase fees from 1st november. but apparently the set (o) form is still old.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Found this on the UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

says fees for ILR increase from November 2010. No exact dates that i could see.

prasa1
Newly Registered

Post by prasa1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:18 pm

xyz123 wrote:

1- you should be ok. just fill relevant section of the form accurately. i had over 200 days of absences and had prepared the spreadhsheet but they didnt ask for that at all.

2- yes all debit/credit cards excepted except AMEX

3- why need for paliament approval? i thought they were due to increase fees from 1st november. but apparently the set (o) form is still old.
Hi,
They will need to table it in the Parliament before the fee is raised.As per the announcement on the UKBA website

"Where a fee is charged that is set above the cost of processing, the regulations are subject to the affirmative parliamentary process; these fees are due to come into effect in November, subject to parliamentary timetabling."

The fee increases for ILR is subject to affirmative parliamentary process.I have not seen any information regarding that in the parliament website.So I might be lucky

One more question.. I have the following documents for evidence of economic activity

1. Payslips signed and stamped by employer for 6 months
2. Bank Statements for 6 months (Last one month statement from HSBC Branch on HSBC Letterhead)
3. P60 for 5 years
4. Employer letter

I am planning to apply along with my dependents,Do I need any other documentary evidence like address proof, proof of cohabitation etc.

prasa1
Newly Registered

Post by prasa1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for all your help. I got my ILR today along with my dependents. There was no fee increase yet.

Natita

Post by Natita » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for all your help. I got my ILR today along with my dependents. There was no fee increase yet.
Congratulations!
Did they ask for letters to prove cohabitation of yourself and partner? I will be applying SET(O) with husband and children as dependants. Thank you.

AmandaC
Newly Registered

Post by AmandaC » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I got my ILR at Solihull yesterday - the fee (no dependants) went up on 22 November so for me was £1250.

They were very friendly and I also had a very easy interview - they asked for 3 mths pay slips, Life in UK pass letter, letter from employer and photos. The lady needed to get supervisor signoffs for my absences bc I had 435 days (mostly work-related) but it was fine.

Just FYI, the man (with wife and baby) at the cubicle next to me seemed to be having a very loud argument with his interviewer about the fact that he hadn't brought either his child's passport or birth certificate (can't remember which!), so you might want to bring both...he seemed to be alleging that there was some problem with the Home Office guidance note on this point.

:)

Natita

Post by Natita » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

The lady needed to get supervisor signoffs for my absences bc I had 435 days (mostly work-related) but it was fine.
Hi AmandaC, I have just over 350 days absence, mostly work related. Applying early next month in Solihull too. I have two questions, would be grateful if you can answer.

Did they say at any point that the case was not straightforward and decision might not be made within the day?

Did you apply before (28days) your qualifying period? If yes, did they ask whether you had plan for any trip abroad between your application date and the date you complete the qualifying period?

Was there anything you would consider to be the strong point (apart from employer letter) that outweighs the 435 days absence.

Oh, almost forgot, - Congratulations! :)

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Natita wrote:
The lady needed to get supervisor signoffs for my absences bc I had 435 days (mostly work-related) but it was fine.
Hi AmandaC, I have just over 350 days absence, mostly work related. Applying early next month in Solihull too. I have two questions, would be grateful if you can answer.

Did they say at any point that the case was not straightforward and decision might not be made within the day?

Did you apply before (28days) your qualifying period? If yes, did they ask whether you had plan for any trip abroad between your application date and the date you complete the qualifying period?

Was there anything you would consider to be the strong point (apart from employer letter) that outweighs the 435 days absence.

Oh, almost forgot, - Congratulations! :)
hi ... are you submitting employer letter AND bankstatment as well that during your absence your salary was coming into your UK bank account or only employer letter is enough ??

I was out for work but i operate from my LTD company

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

AmandaC wrote:I got my ILR at Solihull yesterday - the fee (no dependants) went up on 22 November so for me was £1250.

They were very friendly and I also had a very easy interview - they asked for 3 mths pay slips, Life in UK pass letter, letter from employer and photos. The lady needed to get supervisor signoffs for my absences bc I had 435 days (mostly work-related) but it was fine.

Just FYI, the man (with wife and baby) at the cubicle next to me seemed to be having a very loud argument with his interviewer about the fact that he hadn't brought either his child's passport or birth certificate (can't remember which!), so you might want to bring both...he seemed to be alleging that there was some problem with the Home Office guidance note on this point.
hi ... are you submitting employer letter AND bankstatment as well that during your absence your salary was coming into your UK bank account or only employer letter is enough ??

:)

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 am

I was out for work but i operate from my LTD company
Hi Fahadz1,

I will be submitting employer letter for 'economic activity' but bank statements (including the account which salary is remitted to) will also be submitted for 'finance purpose'.

Regards,

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 am

Hi Fahadz1,

I will be submitting employer letter for 'economic activity' but bank statements (including the account which salary is remitted to) will also be submitted for 'finance purpose'.

Regards,[/quote]

i didnt understand .. i mean if you are out from JANUARY TO MAY
your employer letter saying you were out for work from JAn - MAy

AND ??

Are you submitting bank statements from JAN - MAY as well ????

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 am

I presume you've been assigned to work abroad by your UK employer. The letter from employer should emphasize the fact that for nature of your work you are required to visit/work in such and such country.

Yes, I intend to submit employer letter confirming my employment and assignment period, as well as bank statements which show salary from my employer being paid. To be honest I don't think they check that in ILR but just in case.

AravVattu
Newly Registered

Post by AravVattu » Sun May 10, 2015 5:45 am

Dear Friends,

I am PBS migrant. I have ILR. My wife is pbs dependent. She has been living with me since I arrived in UK on 19/08/2009. She was out of UK for following period. Does period of continuity applicable to her (to PBS dependent)?

Her absences are

Left UK Returned UK
09/02/10. 03/03/10. (23 days)
05/02/12. 28/02/12. (24 days)
03/10/13. 30/03/14 (179 days)
05/02/15. 29/03/15. (53 days)

She will apply her ILR on 15 May 2015. Is she eligible for ILR? Has continuous period missed? Which immigration rules she needs to study before applying ILR as PBS dependent?

Kind regards,