ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India...please help out!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VA88
Newly Registered

Child born in India...please help out!

Post by VA88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello everybody,

I am on ILR with an Indian passport, my husband has got his naturalisation certificate in 2005. However, he hasn't applied for a British passport yet. I have delivered a baby girl last month in India, could somebody please help me out with the following questions?

1. Can we apply for a british passport for the baby?
2. If yes, please could somebody help me with the supporting documents?
3. If not, what would be the best option?

Thank you all.
Kind Regards,
Manisha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

The child is British (by descent), hence you may apply for a British passport for the child.
Applying for a UK passport in India

That the father doesn't possess a British passport shouldn't matter (para H of C2 guidance notes).

regards

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Having a passport doesn't confer any status on you, it just confirms that you are indeed a British Citizen.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

VA88
Newly Registered

Post by VA88 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Thank you very much or both the replies....

Can anybody also provide a list of the supporting documents needed for my baby's passport please? I will be ever so grateful....thank you once again.

Kind Regards
Manisha