ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is employment letter for HSMP JR really needed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny1407

Is employment letter for HSMP JR really needed?

Post by sunny1407 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi

Have my ILR appointment this Friday and in my earlier post I enquired but will appreciate if someone can help me with these two questions please:

1. I have been told by UKBA call centre (3 times) that you cannot combine SEGS for 5 years of HSMP ILR under Judicial review which is stated otherwise on their policy document. So as confirmed by a moderator on this forum, is it definitely the case that you can combine SEGS for HSMP JR.

2. I have just gone through the documents required for ILR for Judicial review section and there is no mention for employer letter to say that you are still required for the job, as is mentioned for WP. So I take it its not necessarily needed but obviously will be good if you have one for this category,

My visa don't run out till Jan 12 but I just want to get this done if I can combine my SEGS 1 year. Is there a chance they will refuse saying that the VISA was given till Jan 12 for the reason to complete 5 years on HSMP and u cannot combine SEGS?

Please can someone help me as I have the interview day after tomorrow and am getting a bit stressed. Even my employer is giving me hard time to give me that piece of paper (telling me HR process, blah blah)

Please HELP!

cmc_686
Newly Registered

Re: Is employment letter for HSMP JR really needed?

Post by cmc_686 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

sunny1407 wrote:Hi

Have my ILR appointment this Friday and in my earlier post I enquired but will appreciate if someone can help me with these two questions please:

1. I have been told by UKBA call centre (3 times) that you cannot combine SEGS for 5 years of HSMP ILR under Judicial review which is stated otherwise on their policy document. So as confirmed by a moderator on this forum, is it definitely the case that you can combine SEGS for HSMP JR.

2. I have just gone through the documents required for ILR for Judicial review section and there is no mention for employer letter to say that you are still required for the job, as is mentioned for WP. So I take it its not necessarily needed but obviously will be good if you have one for this category,

My visa don't run out till Jan 12 but I just want to get this done if I can combine my SEGS 1 year. Is there a chance they will refuse saying that the VISA was given till Jan 12 for the reason to complete 5 years on HSMP and u cannot combine SEGS?

Please can someone help me as I have the interview day after tomorrow and am getting a bit stressed. Even my employer is giving me hard time to give me that piece of paper (telling me HR process, blah blah)

Please HELP!
I think you will be refused if then reiterated that SEGS is not counted and also you can't appeal because your visa is still valid.

As per to the second question you are definitely requried to be further needed by your emplyer. You definitely need a letter from your employer to say that they still need you in your position.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck.

sunny1407

Re: Is employment letter for HSMP JR really needed?

Post by sunny1407 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 pm

cmc_686 wrote:
sunny1407 wrote:Hi

Please HELP!
I think you will be refused if then reiterated that SEGS is not counted and also you can't appeal because your visa is still valid.

As per to the second question you are definitely requried to be further needed by your emplyer. You definitely need a letter from your employer to say that they still need you in your position.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck.
umm, I may be wrong but the whole need to be in work with the current employer is for WP, not for HSMP to my understanding as they are not required to be employed by someone necessarily as they can be self employed or run their own business.
And that probably is the reason its not listed in the documents section of the form which only asks for evidence of "economically active"
Also the SEGS can be amalgamated for the completion of 5 years under HSMP JR (applied b/w apr 06 and nov06)
Can someone else please confirm?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Read this

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -09-policy

SEGS (Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme) is not mentioned anywhere. When did you apply for HSMP? This is what is important. From the dates you give you seem to be able to apply for ILR in November 2011.

SEGS is not the same as HSMP. Paragraph 131C is about switching from SEGS to Work Permit employment.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/

I agree with the call centre on this one.