ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship(3points on license)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wiseguy4shani
Newly Registered

british citizenship(3points on license)

Post by wiseguy4shani » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:19 pm

hi every1,i wonder if any1 can help me,i am due for my british citizenship on marriage basis,i qualify for everything apart from i got 3 points on my license since november 2006 which are expired now and was for jumping the lights"TS10",i rang the UKBA and asked them if i need to write them on the application and they said if that case is bn to court then u have to and you cant apply till 2011 november cause the time period is 5years,now the thing is i dont remember if that case is bn to court or its bn to FPO cause i plead guilty i never bn to court bt i did write a letter to sum1 and ask them if they dont fine me cause i was a student at that time and then they asked me to pay £35/- fine and i ll get 3 points,i was happy with that now i m abit worried,cause i th8 its a minor offence and it wont affect my application,can any1 help me with that plz thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 pm

I think you are getting the wrong idea by the words "been to court". It doesn't matter if you go to court physically, or enter a plea by post. If the case was decided by a court, then it is a conviction and attracts 5 years rehabilitation period.

mashroom1
Newly Registered

?

Post by mashroom1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm

I had 3 points for SP30 which I declared to HO for transprency as at that I had to go to court ONLY becuz I was driving on International (valid) & had passed the UK test and was going to apply for UK licence. Court simply said pay £60 fine and once you have UK licence received, it will be will 3 pointss...

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 am

OK, its a conviction then. You have done the right thing by declaring it. Hopefully it won't cause any problems with your application. Do let us know the outcome.

Good luck.