ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension -- earnings from property overseas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rasel
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension -- earnings from property overseas

Post by rasel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:09 am

Hi guys
I’m in the UK on Tier 1 General Visa. My visa is due for renewal in 2011.

I am working full time in a multinational company here in UK. My earning is just a little under the required amount which is around 3 grand. I can manage it working weekends as i still have enough time to do that but this gonna be really hard for me to work 7 days a week. Anyway I was just looking at the policy guidence and noticed that it is possible to show my overseas earnings as well (pragraph 133). I do have a fare amount of income from my own property and a family business back home.

My question is,

is it OK to show the earnings from rented property overseas?
Also i do have earnings from family business (owned by me). Can I submit any of this ernings (or both) along with my UK earnings?

Any help will highly be appreciated

Thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 am

From the UKBA site:

Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:

* dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management, or unless you receive the dividend as part or all of your remuneration package;
* income from property rental, unless this forms part of your business;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header6
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.