ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF1B for parents Original or Attested copies?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

VAF1B for parents Original or Attested copies?

Post by psdesai » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:47 am

Hi,

I am preparing documents for my mother to visit UK from India. I am on Tier1. I have following checklists for VAF1B form:

(1) six months bank statements (original)
(2) Six months payslips (would like it to be attested(true copy) rather then original as I am sending these via post and if it gets lost then I would have problem with my own visa application in future)
(3) Tenancy Agreement (Attested)
(4) Letter from my employer that I am working permently (original)
(5) Letter of sponsership signed by me and verified by solicitor

Could anyone please let me know if these are sufficient documents from my end? Also would it be sufficient if I dont send the original payslips and only send the attested copies (verified by solicitor)?

This is now an urgency as I need to send the documents asap so any urgent reply is much appriciated.

Thanks,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 am

I dont think there is anything wrong with the docs that you are sending. I think the outcome of the visa will depend on what you present from your mums side to show that she will return to India after her visit.

Have you thought about that?. If not read similar posts of the problems faced by people when showing what incentives they have to return back home :wink:

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm

batleykhan wrote:I dont think there is anything wrong with the docs that you are sending. I think the outcome of the visa will depend on what you present from your mums side to show that she will return to India after her visit.

Have you thought about that?. If not read similar posts of the problems faced by people when showing what incentives they have to return back home :wink:
Thanks for the reply,

My whole family is in India (my father and brother) so she has all intentions to go back.
Is attested copy of the payslip be sufficient or do I need to send the originals?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Having an intention to return back home is different from proving that intent. If you wish to minimize the risk of your mother's visa application refusal, you should make sure that the intent is proved through documentary evidence.

If you do not wish to send original payslips, then send bank statements of the account in which your salary is credited. You may also consider your employer stating your salary in the employment letter.

There is no need for copies of sponsor documents (e.g. - passport pages, tenancy agreement, cover letter etc.) to be attested when applying from India.

See also Supporting documents, Guidance for Visiting or Transiting through the United Kingdom and visitors checklist.

regards

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:20 pm

I am in a dilema here with regards to the documents dates. I would appriciate if someone could help me here.

I am on Tier 1 and Wife is s a dependent and currently expecting our baby.

I am sponsering my parents to come to UK. For that I have geathered all the documents including Sponser letter signed by solicitor, Attested copies of passport etc. Now for the bank statements I have requested these to he bank of scotland On 1st Nov. and I havent received it yet. I have called them up and they have reissued to me and it should be with me by the end of the week.

The bank statements are from March to End of October. issued on 17th November.
All other documents were signed on 2nd November.
My question is as follows:
Will it be an issue becouse of the dates On these statements are now more then 15 days old and by the time it will reach to my parents and Immigration office in Mumbai it might be a month old. Is it an issue?
Same for all other documents , they would be a month old by the time this application reach to the Mumbai Bristish High Commission.

Any one had any problem with a month old documents?

Any help is much appriciated.

Many Thanks,
Preyash