ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I HSMP or Tier-1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hoping_for_HSMP

Am I HSMP or Tier-1

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Hello all...

This may sound trivial but I am having a bit of an identity crisis here...

I initially applied for HSMP in May 2008... packed off my application to Sheffield from Pakistan... Got an approval letter in September 2008... Applied for EC and was given a Tier-1 General Migrant Visa on the babsis of an HSMP approval letter... Landed in the UK in December 2008...

When I go to extend my stay will I be extending as a Tier-1 General Migrant or HSMP participant... Basically will I be filling out Section 3B or 3C???

Many thanks in advance...

A

ejaz2g
United Kingdom

Tier 1 or HSMP and the age points

Post by ejaz2g » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi there,

I have the same question from the moderators. I have applied for the HSMP in Feb 2008 from inside UK and got the HSMP Approval letter but when I applied for the visa, home office has granted me Tier 1 visa for a period of three years. What shall i call myself Tier 1 or HSMP?
My second question is when i have submitted my initial application in 2008 i have claimed 10 points for my age. My visa expires in june 2011 and at that time i will have crossed my 32 birthday and will be in the middle of 33. How many points will i claim for the age. 5 or 10.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Mohammad Ejaz

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

1. IMHO, Tier 1 (General) migrant.
2. Applicants must fall within the age bands specified on the date of their (extension) application.

It will be in your own interest to read the policy guidance before filling up the form.

regards