ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Policy Guidance Paragraph 132

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnpeter1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Policy Guidance Paragraph 132

Post by Johnpeter1 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:26 am

Dear Ladies/Gentlemen

Could any of you explain what UKBA does want to say here? The English Literature that I have could NOT unfortunately resolve it.

"132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings."

For instance, I am Pakistani, I am paid by Pakistani Company in Dolar but I dont work in Pakistan? Am I then eligible to use uplift ratio as initial applicant of Tier 1 General?

Please do clarify the paragraph in detail.

Thank in advance for taking your precious time.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:52 am

I assume you are saying dollar, so it's possibly either Canada or US (I know there are other countries with dollars!!). So you can't use an uplift ratio then (or use 1).

So if you you work in USA, you use USA's ratio (1), if you worked in Angola earning US dollars, you use Angola's uplift ratio (5.3), if you worked in New Zealand, you use New Zealand's uplift ration (2.3) and so on.

The uplift ratio you can use is based on the country where you are working, not the currency you are paid in or your nationality.