ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just got Tier 2 Extension!!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seether

Just got Tier 2 Extension!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by seether » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm

I have received my approval letter with my documents after waiting for 16 weeks. I actually made an error on the form and wrote a letter to explain. I feel very fortunate. I want to thank Sush Mehta especially & everyone for the guidance, feedback, and reassurance given to me on this website.

Now i have to wait for the Biometric card but that is little trouble compared to how i felt when i realised i had made the error. I was honestly expecting a refusal due to the error and luckily the decision had not been made when i sent the letter which they have clearly accepted.

Once again thank you guys.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Re: Just got Tier 2 Extension!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by roadkill1979 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:40 pm

seether wrote:I have received my approval letter with my documents after waiting for 16 weeks. I actually made an error on the form and wrote a letter to explain. I feel very fortunate. I want to thank Sush Mehta especially & everyone for the guidance, feedback, and reassurance given to me on this website.

Now i have to wait for the Biometric card but that is little trouble compared to how i felt when i realised i had made the error. I was honestly expecting a refusal due to the error and luckily the decision had not been made when i sent the letter which they have clearly accepted.

Once again thank you guys.
Can you tell me what was the situation at your case ??
did u get the CoS now ?

seether

Post by seether » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I was just fortunate to have my employer apply for the COS ref number in May so it came after 3 weeks. My sponsor had the license already. The error was that i claimed points for extension instead of transition. An error because i was on old system of work permits so switching.extension is for only those who have had tier 2 already in previous applications.So after 15 weeks of waiting i wrote a letter and sent pages of the form corrected as a last resort. I was very lucky.They approved it within a couple of days of receiving the letter as i sent it by special delivery and checked it against the date of approval letter.I am very fortunate as they could have easily refused it which was i thought was more likely. Phew!!!!!!!!

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:43 pm

seether wrote:I was just fortunate to have my employer apply for the COS ref number in May so it came after 3 weeks. My sponsor had the license already. The error was that i claimed points for extension instead of transition. An error because i was on old system of work permits so switching.extension is for only those who have had tier 2 already in previous applications.So after 15 weeks of waiting i wrote a letter and sent pages of the form corrected as a last resort. I was very lucky.They approved it within a couple of days of receiving the letter as i sent it by special delivery and checked it against the date of approval letter.I am very fortunate as they could have easily refused it which was i thought was more likely. Phew!!!!!!!!
Thanks.. and good luck for your future 8)