ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts about my application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Barbosa
Newly Registered

Doubts about my application

Post by Barbosa » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:48 am

This is my first contact with this group. I have reserched within the mails sent but I still haven´t found anwers for some of my doubts. I will submit my process next month, before I´m 28th.
I gathered 65 points from:
Education: 15
Past Earnings: 35
Partner´s Achivements: 10

My questions are:
1) I´m not claiming points of work experience. Should still I send my resumé (CV)? Should I explain my experience? PS: I have 1 year of graduated work and 2.5 years in a full time internership, all in the same company.
2) I´m a Marketing Department Manager but I have realised that most of people that had the process approved work in the IT area. Is the field of work one of the considerations for approval of the process? Because, if yes, I suppose I´m not in a good situation because my profession is quite generic. What is your opinion about?
3) How specific should I be in anwering what type of work I intend to do in UK and how much I expect to earn when in UK. Obviously, I intend to do exactly the same work I do today, nevertheless, more than a Marketing person I´m a Business Manager, so I could work in any kind of business. My concern is if they will compare what I put here when I ask for the extension.
4) I´m still not looking for a job in UK as I intend to do it only when I´m sure I´ve got the visa. I don´t know if most of people already go with job arrangements. My pillars to believe I will be sucessful are: i) I have a good network of friends working in good companies in UK, and they are willing to help me when I´m there ii) I will have nearly 5 years of experience in a globally known company, iii) I and my partner speak English fluently and have a good solid education and iv) I have already lived in UK and I´m already used to how things work there. Should I put it in my process? What kind of additional information I should be seeking to put in the question about the arrangements to seek work in UK?

Since now, thank you very much.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:52 pm

1) I´m not claiming points of work experience. Should still I send my resumé (CV)? Should I explain my experience? PS: I have 1 year of graduated work and 2.5 years in a full time internership, all in the same company.
Page 23 - HSMP guidlines

– A C.V cannot be assessed as part of the supporting evidence. It can only be used as a guide to the applicant’s personal profile
2) I´m a Marketing Department Manager but I have realised that most of people that had the process approved work in the IT area. Is the field of work one of the considerations for approval of the process? Because, if yes, I suppose I´m not in a good situation because my profession is quite generic. What is your opinion about
HSMP does not differentiate based on your proffesion. As long as you back yourself with proper evidence in the categories, you will get the points you claim for. Field of work is not considered, although as you say, a higher percentage of the applicants come from an IT background.
3) How specific should I be in anwering what type of work I intend to do in UK and how much I expect to earn when in UK. Obviously, I intend to do exactly the same work I do today, nevertheless, more than a Marketing person I´m a Business Manager, so I could work in any kind of business. My concern is if they will compare what I put here when I ask for the extension.
They will not compare what you put in here with your extension. Also you dont plan to do something totally different here do you? You will still remain a marketting or business manager isint it? I would not consider a change in the business area or domain as a change in your proffession.

4) I´m still not looking for a job in UK as I intend to do it only when I´m sure I´ve got the visa. I don´t know if most of people already go with job arrangements. My pillars to believe I will be sucessful are: i) I have a good network of friends working in good companies in UK, and they are willing to help me when I´m there ii) I will have nearly 5 years of experience in a globally known company, iii) I and my partner speak English fluently and have a good solid education and iv) I have already lived in UK and I´m already used to how things work there. Should I put it in my process? What kind of additional information I should be seeking to put in the question about the arrangements to seek work in UK?
It depends on your comfort level and confidence with your application. I would say what you are doing is about right. Get you approval in hand and while you are going through the process of EC you could start sending out CVs. There is no point getting a job interview only to find out that leave alone an EC, your HSMP approval is still in process. Also note that its a lot easier searching for a here while you are in the country as opposed to your home country

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:21 pm

MWazir- That line about the CV- the caseworkers DID use my CV in my assessment and it was used against me. Yes I argued that line eight ways to Sunday with three different caseworkers and they would not change their decision. Include it at your own peril!