ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important question about referees form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xlife
Newly Registered

Important question about referees form AN

Post by Xlife » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Will be applying soon for naturalization on form AN as I am married to a british citizen and have a few queries about the two references required:

1) Do they have have to have known you personally for the LAST three years or just anytime in the past for 3 years? (example: 1998 to 2001)

2) Regarding the one who doesnt have to be a british passport holder, do they HAVE to be currently living in the UK?

3) Will a distant cousin's wife with a different surname be classed as being related to me and therefore invalid as a referee and how do they check if someones related anyway?

4) If they find a problem with one of the references, will they reject the application completely or write back to allow another reference to be used?

Thanks in advance

noodles

Re: Important question about referees form AN

Post by noodles » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Xlife wrote:Will be applying soon for naturalization on form AN as I am married to a british citizen and have a few queries about the two references required:

1) Do they have have to have known you personally for the LAST three years or just anytime in the past for 3 years? (example: 1998 to 2001)

best to add someone who's known you for 3 years or more, don't think that should be hard unless you've been living in a cave :-)

2) Regarding the one who doesnt have to be a british passport holder, do they HAVE to be currently living in the UK?

Best to get a referee who's a british citizen with a passport as the passport details will have to be produced.

3) Will a distant cousin's wife with a different surname be classed as being related to me and therefore invalid as a referee and how do they check if someones related anyway?

That should be fine.

4) If they find a problem with one of the references, will they reject the application completely or write back to allow another reference to be used?

If you don't meet the specified criteria, there's a strong chance your application will be refused and you will lose your application fees. Take your time and make sure you get all details correctly as much as possible. Good luck

Thanks in advance