ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Confusion!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

designuk
Newly Registered

Biometrics Confusion!!

Post by designuk » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi all,

I had no idea about submitting biometric details until I started filling the application form for Tier 2 General visa. I need urgent help on this matter. Ca anyone please tell me if its necessary to submit biometric details and how to get it? My visa expires on the 19th and I highly doubt if I will get an appointment for biometrics before that. Please guide what should I do?

Thanks a lot.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Biometrics Confusion!!

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

designuk wrote: Please guide what should I do?
Read the form carefully, including the guidance at the end of it.

regards

designuk
Newly Registered

Re: Biometrics Confusion!!

Post by designuk » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
designuk wrote: Please guide what should I do?
Read the form carefully, including the guidance at the end of it.

regards
Dear Sushdmehta,

I'm continuously going through the guidance both at the end of form and on website but I am still confused, I know WHY they need Biometrics, I just dont know how to provide. Can you confirm by telling me which of the following is right?

1: I book an appointment for biometrics, get the result and THEN fill in the form with details and submit the application
OR
2: I leave the biometrics section in the form empty and submit my application and then they will contact me with an appointment date and I'll have to attend it.

I dont know if its only me who's so confused about this, but it will be a great help if you can help me with this.

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:20 am

designuk
Newly Registered

Post by designuk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 am

sushdmehta wrote:See also How do I enrol my biometric information and apply for a biometric residence permit from inside the UK?.

And, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards
Dear Sushdmehta,

I have no intention to clutter the boards with multiple posts. Infact I'm trying to help people after my experiences but as I have to submit my application today in a few hours; I was hoping that someone will give me the answer to the above mentioned query.

Thanks for your link, but if I could understand the procedure through that then I wouldnt have joined this forum in the first place :) All I have asked is if you could please tell me if option 1 or 2 in my question above is right. I hope it wont be too much of a hassle for you or other members. After all we are all here to help each other.

Thanks

iheisler
Newly Registered

Post by iheisler » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi, you have to make your application first. After that, if your application is valid, you will receive a letter from Home Office asking you to enrol your biometrics. They will send you a reference number. Without that you cannot book a biometrics appointment. I hope this helps you.

Ismael

designuk
Newly Registered

Post by designuk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 pm

iheisler wrote:Hi, you have to make your application first. After that, if your application is valid, you will receive a letter from Home Office asking you to enrol your biometrics. They will send you a reference number. Without that you cannot book a biometrics appointment. I hope this helps you.

Ismael
Dear Ismael, thank you so much for your help. Its funny how a little confusion can cause so many delays. But its clear to me know :)

Cheers

iheisler
Newly Registered

Post by iheisler » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Could you let me know, once you got your letter and booked your biometrics, how long to get a date for appointment? I booked mine on Friday 11th (at London) and only got a booking on the 15th December. I found it a bit strange because I noticed from other postings that people could book biometrics fairly quickly, like 2-5 days waiting.

Regards,

Ismael.

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm

designuk wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:See also How do I enrol my biometric information and apply for a biometric residence permit from inside the UK?.

And, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards
Dear Sushdmehta,

I have no intention to clutter the boards with multiple posts. Infact I'm trying to help people after my experiences but as I have to submit my application today in a few hours; I was hoping that someone will give me the answer to the above mentioned query.

Thanks for your link, but if I could understand the procedure through that then I wouldnt have joined this forum in the first place :) All I have asked is if you could please tell me if option 1 or 2 in my question above is right. I hope it wont be too much of a hassle for you or other members. After all we are all here to help each other.

Thanks
I agree with designuk, we are all under a lot of stress and some of us have read the ukba website a 1000 times and are still confused. Sometimes just a straightforward answer will do rather than referring to a document we have read but still dont understand. That is the main reason why everyone here is here...