ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 vs. 4EUFam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ca.funke
Belgium

Stamp 4 vs. 4EUFam

Post by ca.funke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:13 pm

I received the following Q as a PM...
cn68 wrote:Hi,
I've been seen u give lots advices to people in the forum.
I've been granted stamp 4 since Apr 2009 under the De Facto relationship with my partner. I am a Chinese.
My questions are what's different between Stamp 4 and 4EUfam. Am I entitle for 4EUfam. Becasue I knew I have to be a 4EUfam I can travel to other EU states without visa. Thank you!
(...)
Kind regards
I replied as follows, maybe someone can say more about it?
ca.funke wrote:Hi cn68,

usually you should post your question in the forum.
(...)
The answer to your question can be found, for example, in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41115

There are also many other thread answering your question...

Here is my personal definition, without any guarantee that it´s correct:

"Stamp 4" is issued when a non-EU-national is married to an Irish national. It allows working in Ireland, however you will need Schengen-visas to visit central Europe, and you will need Irish "re-entry" visas to come back to Ireland.

"4EUFam" is issued to non-EU-nationals married to EU-nationals other than Irish citizens. It allows working in Ireland and also traveling freely throughout all of the EU.

More Information can also be found here:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html

Last but not least, since you didn´t post your question, I did:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66603

Hope this helps...

...good luck, rgds, Christian

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 pm

cn68 wrote:...I've been granted stamp 4 since Apr 2009 under the De Facto relationship with my partner. I am a Chinese...
Most important question: What´s the nationality of your partner?

cn68
Newly Registered

Post by cn68 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Thank you so much, now I have a better understanding.

My partner is Irish.

So now I am a type of 'second person', if Non-EU married to EU people ,they can travel to Europe freely and dont need re-entry to entry Ireland. If Non- EU married to Irish ,they can only get Stmap 4 , they have to have a visa to everyehwhere in the Europe and also need re-entry to entry Irland, just like me. Am I right?

If I am right and why?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:49 pm

cn68 wrote:If I am right and why?
Hi cn68,

yes, you are right.

Why --> You have to ask the folks who designed the Irish law, which discriminates against their own citizens and their partners.

Why2 --> I guess it will remain their secret as to what they wish to achieve through these measures...

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:14 pm

ca.funke wrote:
cn68 wrote:If I am right and why?
Hi cn68,

yes, you are right.

Why --> You have to ask the folks who designed the Irish law, which discriminates against their own citizens and their partners.

Why2 --> I guess it will remain their secret as to what they wish to achieve through these measures...
Hi cn68,
There is a name for it, reverse discrimination. And its worse than you think,

http://irelandsreversediscrimination.wo ... 0/02/20/1/

there is little you can do, except raise it with your TD.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Well people just to let you know....

I'm applying for a d spouse visa accompanying EEA spouse for my husband I'm an Irish national but have lived/worked/married and had a baby in another EU state but plan on moving home.....so hoping he will be granted an 4EUfamily stamp...will let you know how I get on! I'm already coming up against some walls and I'm only applying for the visa...lets see what happens when i get to Dublin!

cn68
Newly Registered

Post by cn68 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 pm

yes, you are right.

Why2 --> I guess it will remain their secret as to what they wish to achieve through these measures...[/quote]

I cant believe this. This is unfair. What I can say? Why I came to Irland ?????[/quote]

cn68
Newly Registered

Post by cn68 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

ciaramc wrote:Well people just to let you know....

I'm applying for a d spouse visa accompanying EEA spouse for my husband I'm an Irish national but have lived/worked/married and had a baby in another EU state but plan on moving home.....so hoping he will be granted an 4EUfamily stamp...will let you know how I get on! I'm already coming up against some walls and I'm only applying for the visa...lets see what happens when i get to Dublin!

Thank you so much, ciaramc

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:30 pm

ciaramc wrote:Well people just to let you know....

gonna be doing the same for my wife in Aug next year! Let us know how you get on...

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 am

Considering the current general developments in Eire, shouldn´t the government be happy if there are still any people coming (back) to Ireland?

Those coming would pay taxes and rent or buy accommodation, which might be in the interest of the state.

From my understanding the whole 4EUFam-process is no longer plausible, while the reverse-discrimination of Irish citizens is plainly stupid. Both processes may keep people out of Ireland.

Whether the government knows it yet or not: They may soon have to work very hard to make anyone even consider coming/moving to Ireland :!:

cn68
Newly Registered

Post by cn68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm

u right, This country is going to dead. But I have to no choice I have to remain in there!

James1198
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp 4 vs. 4EUFam

Post by James1198 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Any idea on here,i have a stamp 4,GINB card,am getting married to my partner she is from latvia,am from nigeria,my question is will my stamp eu 4 be changed to EUFAM,and would i have to apply to have it changed or what i need to to if it would be changed at all?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re:

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:48 pm

cn68 wrote:u right, This country is going to dead. But I have to no choice I have to remain in there!
You don't have to remain there at all. There is always the option for your partner to take you to another EEA country where you would be able to benefit from the same rules as you think as so 'unfair' in Ireland. It's not about fairness - it's about law. The EU law covers people who are residing OUTSIDE the country of their citizenship - hence the term 'freedom of movement'. You can also return to China (where I have been living for the last almost 8 years with my civil partner).

I am Irish and my civil partner is Chinese. We plan to make use of the rules to live in the UK later this year.

Bottom line: you have choices.

James1198
Newly Registered

Post by James1198 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:43 pm

ny idea on here,i have a stamp 4,GINB card,am getting married to my partner she is from latvia,am from nigeria,my question is will my stamp eu 4 be changed to EUFAM,and would i have to apply to have it changed or what i need to to if it would be changed at all?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 am

I think it should be possible to change as Stamp 4 is no longer the stamp that you should have. I think you would have to apply under form EU1: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf. More info here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hts%20FAQs

You should write to the EU Treaty Rights section of INIS just to make sure that this is correct: EU Treaty Rights: eutreatyrights@justice.ie

Good luck!