ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Naima
Newly Registered

Post by Naima » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi,
I wana knw ab8 test,i heard new rule will be activated in nov that life in the uk test wil nt b taken anymore,could any1 tell me ab8 this plz??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 am

Naima wrote:Hi,
I wana knw ab8 test,i heard new rule will be activated in nov that life in the uk test wil nt b taken anymore,could any1 tell me ab8 this plz??
Migrants marrying UK citizens must now learn English wrote:Partners who apply for settlement after completing their two-year period of temporary residence will still need to meet the 'knowledge of language and life in the UK' test. This is in addition to the new basic English language requirement, which forms part of their initial application.

regards

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:38 am

Naima wrote:Hi,
Is that in English?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.