ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student Visas

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

someonelazy
Newly Registered

what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student Visas

Post by someonelazy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:03 am

Could someone let me know what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student visas? Are they photocopied and kept on file at the UKBA Home Office? Are they kept only when a visa application has been denied/approved?

pennylessinindia

Re: what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student V

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:38 am

someonelazy wrote:Could someone let me know what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student visas? Are they photocopied and kept on file at the UKBA Home Office? Are they kept only when a visa application has been denied/approved?
why is this of interest to you?
pennyless

anonmous87
Newly Registered

Post by anonmous87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:50 pm

I would also want to know the answer to this - and also what happens if you overstay your visa? Does the UKBA actively conduct investigations on people they suspect or does the UKBA usually rely on tips? Is there any way they could find you if they wanted to?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

anonmous87 wrote:I would also want to know the answer to this - and also what happens if you overstay your visa?Does the UKBA actively conduct investigations on people they suspect or does the UKBA usually rely on tips? Is there any way they could find you if they wanted to?
Report an illegal immigrant or other immigration offence

regards

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm

anonmous87 wrote:I would also want to know the answer to this - and also what happens if you overstay your visa? Does the UKBA actively conduct investigations on people they suspect or does the UKBA usually rely on tips? Is there any way they could find you if they wanted to?
Both. But (for obvious reasons) they don't go into a lot of detail about how they do it.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

anonmous87
Newly Registered

Post by anonmous87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank you Amanda for your response. But what would make the UKBA want to conduct an investigation? Do they just randomly investigate people or is because of a tip? How would they no where to begin investigating?

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

In my opinion:

90% on general tips / complains
10% checking / raids by police help
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

JKMEMON
BANNED

Re: what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student V

Post by JKMEMON » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

someonelazy wrote:Could someone let me know what happens to documents submitted for Tier 4 Student visas? Are they photocopied and kept on file at the UKBA Home Office? Are they kept only when a visa application has been denied/approved?
Hi,

UKBA are bound to return the originals unless any documents they suspect falsely obtained.

But out of curiosity. Why do you ask?

Regards
JKMEMON
www.spammer.com;