ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sucessful SET M - PEO Birmingham

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BROOMIE
Newly Registered

Sucessful SET M - PEO Birmingham

Post by BROOMIE » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Husband ILR SET M was granted at Birmingham last Month. Our appointment was for 13.30 however they asked that we got there for 13.00. Well first of all we ended up the wrong place the reporting centre but we had plenty of time to get over the building we needed to go to.

Security was quite tight which we expected however we had to wait two hours to be called up. The Officer asked for the form then the life in the uk test result. Only eight documents were used and I had enclosed 57!! She did a few checks behind the scene and then said that the ILR had been granted and asked us to wait for the passport to be amended.

To say Im relieved is an understatement. Those of you waiting do give up. Your time will come

This is how I organised my file. I basically put everything in order of the form so it was easier to read and put the papers in plastic sleeves

Section 1 - Application form with the bankers draft attached, bankers draft is so much easier as you are not watching to see when the money leaves your account bankers draft is 100 guaranteed payment - remember to take a copy of the cheque

Section 2 - Pass Notification Letter Life in The UK Decree Absolute and Marriage Certificate

Section 3 - Rent/Mortgage Agreement Deeds payment of rent/mortgage

Section 4 - Payslips and P60's

Section 5 - Anything relating to tax national insurance payments (for my husband as he is Self Employed)

Section 6 - Bank Statements in date order remember they only need to the last three (Husband)

Section 7 - Bank statements x 3 (Me)

Section 8 - Joint bills for me and my husband spread evenly between October 2008-October 2010 and put in date order

Section 9 - My hospital letters

Section 10 - Letters addressed to my husband over the two year period in date order

Section 11 - Letters addressed to me over the two year period in date order

Best to provide more and let them have a good selection as to what they want to use. They only used the following of my documents

Letter from Metropolitan Police in relation to an incident whereby Husband was assaulted last year
Water bill (joint) 2009
Gas Bill (joint) 2009
British Gas Service Agreement (joint) 2009
Council Tax Bill (joint) 2010
Electric Bill (joint) 2010
British Gas Service Agreement (joint) 2010
TV Licence (me) 2010

claudiafan

Re: Sucessful SET M - PEO Birmingham

Post by claudiafan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Congrats!!!! How long did it take overall?