ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Explanation:Applying this week

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deep_707
Newly Registered

Salary Explanation:Applying this week

Post by deep_707 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello All,
I have posted few questions and got great help.
One more help is required.
I am in a Tier 2 visa and applying for Tier 1 from WITHIN UK as I am here for last 12 month. I am paid my salary in India as well as in UK as allowance.
My question is that I am showing my Indian salary in that case should my gross income in INR should just be multiplied by the OANDA value 0.01388 and not the multiplication factor which if one applying from India can do?
This multiplying factor changes the point a lot. Please help applying this week.

Thanks a lot

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:33 am

If you are on Tier 2, that means you are earning your money in the UK not in India (even though you are paid in India as well)? Am I understanding your situation correctly?

If this is the case, then you cannot use the uplift ratio.

deep_707
Newly Registered

Post by deep_707 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:52 am

Mulderpf,
Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Yes you understood the situation correctly.

ub4u
Newly Registered

Please dont give out wrong advice.

Post by ub4u » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

mulderpf wrote:If you are on Tier 2, that means you are earning your money in the UK not in India (even though you are paid in India as well)? Am I understanding your situation correctly?

Most of the moderators and people on this board are giving wrong advice,

it is the currency in which the payment is made determins the income band and uplift factor, if you make money here in uk that would be multiplied by one but if you are paid in India in INR then the uplift factor applies. as the factor is used to reflect the difference of income levels, you cannot expect someone to earn uk salaries in india.

This is only true for initial applications, no uplift facotrs are used for extensions.

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Please dont give out wrong advice.

Post by wf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:34 pm

ub4u wrote:
mulderpf wrote:If you are on Tier 2, that means you are earning your money in the UK not in India (even though you are paid in India as well)? Am I understanding your situation correctly?

Most of the moderators and people on this board are giving wrong advice,

Funny that everyone else is saying the same thing but in your opinion they are wrong, and you are right!
it is the currency in which the payment is made determins the income band and uplift factor
Incorrect.
if you make money here in uk that would be multiplied by one but if you are paid in India in INR then the uplift factor applies
Incorrect.
. as the factor is used to reflect the difference of income levels, you cannot expect someone to earn uk salaries in india.
They are not working in India, they are working in the UK!

Uplift ratio is applied based on where the applicant was physically present when the work was carried out.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:37 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header5
How we adjust overseas earnings

To reflect differences in income levels across the world, the income level required to score points varies depending on where you were working at the time you earned the money. We use a series of calculations (known as uplift ratios) to bring overseas salaries in line with your UK equivalents. The level of uplift we give depends on the average income in the country in which the earnings were made. This calculation is made automatically using the points-based calculator, which you can find on the right of this page.

Table 2A of Appendix A (Attributes) of the Immigration Rules lists countries and the appropriate conversion rate, which you can find on the right of this page.

The country in which you have been working, rather than your nationality, determines the income bands against which we will assess the earnings.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 am

Precisely - your location, NOT your currency determines your uplift factor.

deep_707
Newly Registered

Post by deep_707 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Thank you for the clarification.
You guys help a lot, it is very much appreciated, sincerely.