ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change my visa status into dependent and vice versa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jackmdx
Newly Registered

Can I change my visa status into dependent and vice versa

Post by jackmdx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much for reading this and I'd be very grateful to all of you if you please reply to this thread. At the moment I'm in Tier 1 PSW visa and my wife got as my dependent visa. I want my wife to get a Master's degree from this country. So can she apply here as a student (main applicant) and I change over my visa status into dependent at the end of our current leave please?

Thanks very much!

kenfrapin

Re: Can I change my visa status into dependent and vice vers

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 am

jackmdx wrote:Hi,
Thank you very much for reading this and I'd be very grateful to all of you if you please reply to this thread. At the moment I'm in Tier 1 PSW visa and my wife got as my dependent visa. I want my wife to get a Master's degree from this country. So can she apply here as a student (main applicant) and I change over my visa status into dependent at the end of our current leave please?

Thanks very much!
Yes you can and there will not be any issues. I am not sure if you have to do the dependency change outside the UK but besides that, you can become a dependant Tier 1 holder on your wife's Post Study Worker's Visa at the end of your Tier 1 visa.

KP

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Both your wife and you will need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK, to change your immigration status from Tier 1 (PSW) to Tier 4 (General).

regards