ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First UK Passport - Electoral Register

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreams
Newly Registered

First UK Passport - Electoral Register

Post by dreams » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi,

I had to leave my home due to some familial issues. Matters are in the court and I am temporarily staying at my friend's place. As I do not live at my permanent address, I do not appear on the Electoral register either.

I am submitting first UK passport application. What should I put down on section 2 ?

All my documents including bank/credit cards are at my actual (permanent) address, which I have redirected to my temporary address.

If I put down my family home (permanent) address, the chances are that if any of the post gets delivered to that address, I might not get it.

I have 2 options. I can put down my permanent address in section 2, but on section 8, I put down my office address for any posts; or

I put down my temporary address in Section 2, explaining on a separate sheet that due to some familial issues I am temporarily staying at my friend’s house, however my permanent address is different.....

Does anyone know questions they normally ask during interview?

As I am not on Electoral register on any address, will they ask why?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Dreams

bani

Post by bani » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 am

You can apply using your temporary (friend's) address. Because the passport office (IPS) is going to look at your credit history with your list of addresses there, they will probably write you back asking for proof that you live in the address you stated – you can send them your latest bank and credit card statements addressed to you at your friend's to satisfy this.

This has happened to people who had just recently moved before applying for their passport. IPS have to ask for proof just in case it is actually someone else stealing your identity to gain a passport. So they can just assume you recently moved, without you having to explain the situation with your family (it's up to you).

After that, they will send you a letter asking you to attend an interview.