ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Helal
Newly Registered

overstayer.

Post by Helal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi peeps I came across this very useful site. Well done to all members and supporters.

I have a query. I applied for my uncle as a visitor in 2006 he was granted visa for six months, he arrived as soon as he got his visa and his intention was to return back to his country but due to relationship breakdown he wouldve been homeless and destitute if he was to return. He is over 65 years of age. I did apply to HO to consider on compasionate grounds but was refused. I applied again but the same case worker handled the case and bluntly refused without taking into consideration of his situation. Since then we have written 2 x letters but have not to this date recieved an acknowledgement from home office. Both times we sent via record delivery! I wanted to know if anyone can shed any light on this matter. My uncle normally would rely on me and his daughter who is settled in the UK. What can we do? thanks in advance.

Juliano
Newly Registered

Post by Juliano » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 pm

This is the link about bringing relatives to the UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... relatives/

but you have probably read about the subject already.

Would you be able to apply again, and this time ask for the case to be considered by a senior casework team? I don't know if this is possible. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

J

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.