ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainence funds Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Maintainence funds Confusion

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi
I am in Uk on Tier 1 General Visa from last 2 years and now want to apply for my wife as dependant from Pakistan. Regarding Maintainance funds the documentation says that if the main applicant is in Uk then you need to show

800 + 533 = 1333

for last three months. Although i was in Uk from last 2 years but i went outside country for almost 3 weeks and then came back , does it mean that the above maintainanace wont be sufficient now?

Thanks
Last edited by sheraz_aries on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Many Thanks

tyre

Re: Maintainence funds Confusion

Post by tyre » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

as long as you have funds..........that will do..........doesnt matter u r outside country or inside country
in search of immigration updates

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 pm

tyre wrote:as long as you have funds..........that will do..........doesnt matter u r outside country or inside country
Its not what i am asking....I am already back and want to known that because i was aways for 3 weeks does it mean that i wont be qualify for the 12 month uk presence now?
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:44 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:
tyre wrote:as long as you have funds..........that will do..........doesnt matter u r outside country or inside country
Its not what i am asking....I am already back and want to known that because i was aways for 3 weeks does it mean that i wont be qualify for the 12 month uk presence now?
Anyone?
Many Thanks

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 pm

i am also getting confused here

see the extract below from ukba website

If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

i am in uk since last 4 year but went to india for a month in June. Now i will be applying in december. So i am in UK for 5 months now. So does this mean that i need to have 1600 per dependent over the last three months?? I think this is not- but will somebody throw some light??

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks alot
Many Thanks