ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed - Job offer in leeds

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kadik
India

Help Needed - Job offer in leeds

Post by kadik » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:43 am

Would like to seek some advice regarding a job offer received from a company based out of LEEDS
Offer Details: My sal would be 39,000 GBP (Gross)+900 (benefits - Typically used for private insurance, etc) per annum. Further, I have an option to buy or sell leave up to 5 days (750 GBP). They are also giving a fixed relocating allowance of 3K during the first year.
Current Situation I'm a proud dad of six months old son; both my wife and son would also be accompany me – may not be immediate but in the next few months.
Questions Can you help me in deciding whether I can accept this offer or not? I would like to know whether is it a good offer. I have close to 6 years of post qual exp (CA).
Here are my other questions:
- What will be my take home?
- How much I will incur for a decent standard of living?
- I have a fixed commitment of 47000 Indian Rupees (INR)/Month (Housing loan in India); will I be able meet this? Savings was never a criteria..but will I be able to save something - may be 20K INR apart from my housing loan?

Thanks a ton in advance.. any help is appreciated!

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Kenprafin.. atleast you help in this..

mackeyme
Newly Registered

Post by mackeyme » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi,

Frankly speaking, to lead a good life 39K is just sufficient, but to comprimise on luxury and lead a good life to support your family alone 39000 in Leeds is fine. Your take home would be atleast 2000(Approx 2200).
You can find an apartment at 500GBP(Not so luxurious but good one to afford, preferably near walkable to your office which will save travelling cost). Including council tax, bills, it would come around 800GBP.

If are a non-drinker and non-smoker 200 to 400 would be more than enough for your food and other expenses. which would come around 1200 so you can save upto 1000GBP if you maintain your expenses properly.
Anyway you have insurance for medical needs for you and your family.

All the values I mentioned above are approximations. You can obviously go for it and start managing your funds.

~ME

Hope this helps you.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Kadik

Firstly comgrats on becoming a dad and getting a job. I have just left Leeds and not on the net for a while now. Up front I can tell you this to help you decide.
I used to get 36k 2 years back. I stayed in a lovely 1 bed apt I'm the city paying 600. Though we don't have kids I spend a lot and can say I lead a nice life partying with friends, shopping twice month, dinners outside sometimes and have all misc stuff like cable Internet and 2 mobile connections

So with all this and a fixed amount of 25k a send to India each month I still saved on an average £600 a month. You will get about £2400 or more after tax as I use to get £2200 on £36k

So you can very easily save atleast at a min of £400 a month taking into account your child and higher fixed amount to India.
Finally you can get good places to live for just £500. Send me a PM with details of your work place and I will give you lot more info

All the best

KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Forgot to add I drink pretty well and occassinally spend on cigs. I also love eating so spend money on trying out cuisines. So don't worry too much. £39k is more than enough to live well, be happy,cover your loan and save something for your nest egg.