ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Neither Visa extension nor Post study work visa situvation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Neither Visa extension nor Post study work visa situvation

Post by mohan1616 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 pm

I am on my student normal Tier 4 visa (no extension any time) with visa expiry 30 Jan 2011. I have cleared everything and all this will be confirmed after march 2011 boards meeting

I fought with university and got CAS. My start date of course was Sep 2009 and End date now is feb 2011. Will UK border agency accept my application. The sponsor is listed in highly trusted group. Under what category should I apply student or student resubmitting thesis as only thesis results need to be confirmed by board of examiners.

When should I start applying for the Visa? do i need to worry about attendence. graduation cermony iis in july 2011? if successfull til when i wil get visa. Also How much money do i need to show if I am out of london
Can you please guide ? please.P
Last edited by mohan1616 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

mohan1616
Newly Registered

anyone please help

Post by mohan1616 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 pm

please help me with your veiws.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:24 am

If your visa expired in Jan this year, and you've made no extension applications so far, your chances are minimal.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Post by mohan1616 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm

can anyone please help ?

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Neither Visa extension nor Post study work visa situvati

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Under what category should I apply student or student resubmitting thesis as only thesis results need to be confirmed by board of examiners.
You will be applying as student , as your NOT resubmitting your thesis
When should I start applying for the Visa?
Apply before your visa expires, ideally a week or 2week before

do i need to worry about attendence. graduation cermony iis in july 2011?
You dont need to worry about anything, as everything is showing in CAS (ie, student progess and fees)

if successfull til when i wil get visa.
Depends if you make postal or premium service, postal takes same day to 14 days. and postal will take normally 2 months.

Also How much money do i need to show if I am out of london
You need to show 1200 pounds in ur account and it has to be in your account for 28days. PLUS any fees which u still owe to university

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 pm

You can't apply as a student submitting a thesis as this category no longer exists. You need to apply as a Tier 4 Student.

As long as there has been a change in the end date of your course and you have been issued a new CAS as you say, then you should be successful in extending your visa as long as you have the £1200 + any fees you owe for 28 days as ice-breaker says.

I think you are asking until when you will get your visa, not how long will it take to get the visa? if so then you should get the end date of your course + 4 months.

You will need to make sure that the start date of your course is on your CAS - as the sponsor can only put a start date in the future on the start date section and have to enter the actual start date somewhere on the notes. If they don't do this then you will not get the additional 4 months.

You can't get a Tier 4 visa specifically for your graduation. If you want to be here for your graduation you will either need to switch to another category (for example Post Study Work, if it still exists by then), or you will need to return home before the end of your visa and apply to come back as a visitor to attend the ceremony.

I think you should apply as soon as possible if you have the CAS and the funds otherwise you may still be waiting for your visa back when you have got your results.

tetrapack
Newly Registered

Post by tetrapack » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:35 am

Greenie wrote:You will need to make sure that the start date of your course is on your CAS - as the sponsor can only put a start date in the future on the start date section and have to enter the actual start date somewhere on the notes. If they don't do this then you will not get the additional 4 months.
I did not get this as Start date is usually mentioned in CAS is'n it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Sorry I don't really understand your last post.

If you mean that the actual start date doesn't appear on the CAS then yes the start date should be mentioned but in your case they can't put the actual start date on the 'start date of visa/course' section on the CAS because they can only put a date in the future.

Some insitutions will put a note on the section entitled 'evidence used to obtain offer' which is supposed to be for your qualifications. If you can't see that they have put the actual start date of your course anywhere on the CAS you need to ask them if they can put the actual start date as a 'sponsor's note on the SMS' (Sponsor Management System).

Hope this makes sense!

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Post by mohan1616 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Ok I am back....
It was real grace of God..Greenie and Ice breaker....
I went to Liverpool office on 13 Jan 2011 with the CAS that was generated by university (in the first place they should not have generated a CAS for student who had completed all the work at time-- :x They should have given degree certificate :evil: ) However I sepnt 650 pounds and directly went there. The caseworker took time and said we will send you documents within 2 weeks.

On 28 th Jan got all the documents back along with student visa extension dated 26 Jan 2011 till 28 June 2011 (:twisted: I am not studying anymore-what for student visa).

I escalated the issue to vice chancellor after my application and all the middle management were grilled i suppose :lol:

Got the MSc certificate on 25 Jan 2011 (one day before the student visa extension date :!: ). Sent new PSW application on 7 Feb 2011.

Now i am waiting for acknowledegemnt ? has there been any problem ? is it ok will my PSW be processed as normal ...please let me know.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Personally you were lucky to get a CAS when you had finished studying already. Many institutions would not do this.

The +4 months is there to give you time to prepare for switching into PSW or to give you time to work full time before you can return home.

I don't see that you would have any problems with the PSW assuming you have met the other requirements and provided the appropriate evidence.